Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 31, 2024, 01:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
66 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 95
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 66
Total: 66

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My meager build

Started by Caflyt, May 29, 2013, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caflyt

I thought I'd post some pictures of my small build!
It has been somewhat slow but very rewarding as I've learned a lot about my capabilities ( and limitations).
I have tried to build many things myself with the few tools I own, mostly a jigsaw,dremmel, and drill! I have made the glarewing, sixpack (with operational recall), lighted landing gear lever and modified my saitek yoke to more closely resemble the 737 counterpart...(still a work in progress).
I think it's coming along nicely and must thank ohsirus and Axel(N737AG) for their help.
I am currently working on a throttle which is slowly taking shape.
Let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Craig in Florida

Bob Reed

Meager?? I think not. Nice job! Do not cut yourself short.

fsaviator

Very nice build!  That is exactly the type of build that encourages others to expand their setups, and what I believe to be a true representation of "cockpitbuilders".

Keep posting!  Great work the MCP; can't wait to see the TQ!
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

riche543

Nice Craig , well done.

Sam Llorca

Very nice Craig, well done!!! Are you coming over to Sarasota for the Cockpitbuilders World Flight?
Cheers,
Sam

jskibo

Nice job Craig!

What?  Worldflight at Sam's?  OMG that would be incredible!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Bob Reed

Quote from: jskibo on May 30, 2013, 04:50:48 AM
Nice job Craig!

What?  Worldflight at Sam's?  OMG that would be incredible!

It is incredible and it is happening! Check the thread Cockpitbuilders World Flight Team U.S.A.

N737AG

Hey Craig, I see you moved out of the living room. Is this only temporary ? Or are you winning the battle to conquer the garage ?

Axel

Caflyt

Hi Axel,
Sadly no it is only temporary. I was able to talk Vanessa into letting me use the garage recently as she started driving her convertible again (for a while) and I claimed the spot.
It has been helpful though and has made this part of my build easier, but I will move it back to the spot behind the couch in the living room....(well I may have to fight for the real estate because my wife sees the spot as the perfect size for my almost 3 year old daughter's play kitchen) but that is one I think I can "win" because we have an entire kitchen she can play in with real working stove and oven, knife set and.....wait that doesn't sound too safe does it?
OKay, maybe she will let me have the spot if I'm really really nice! She wants to put the car away again soon.
Sam, I would LOVE to come over, when are you taking part?????
I will see if it works with our schedule.
Thank you all for your very kind and encouraging comments, it really means a lot to me!!!!!
Craig in Florida

Sam Llorca

Hey Axel, where are you hiding? Sarasota is calling you! Cockpitbuilders World Flight Team USA on your back yard.

N737AG

I'm here Sam. Not sure yet on what will happen. I had planned to spend that week in Hamburg, Germany, helping out a friend who every year participates in WorldFlight. But work issues are still in the way. So at this point I am not really sure about my shedule.

You can however count on me to drive up to Sarasota the weekends prior to the event to get the sim in shape, and get everything ready for all the fellow pilots that will come.

Axel

Caflyt

Axel,
When do you plan to go?
Maybe I can tag along?
Craig

Sam Llorca

Trevor Hale

Axel, Maybe you can leave some "Cole's Notes" (Cheat sheets).........?

ROFL, I think we will be in good hands if you and same do the prep work.

Hope you can make it though, It would be some awesome FUN :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate