Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-800 Engine and Systems Sounds video...

Started by sagrada737, September 14, 2013, 09:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

As a follow-up to my post on "Best Engine Sounds.."   I thought I would post this in a different thread.

After testing a few possibilities for 737-800 engine and systems sounds, I found that I like the sound package from a2asimulations - called Accu-Feel. 

As I commented before, it seems that all the 737-800 sounds are somewhat subjective, and since this is my first Sim Project, I really don't have a good reference baseline to gauge if the sounds I am getting are close to what I should have.  So...  I thought I would post a short video with the Accu-Feel sounds in hopes of getting some feedback on whether or not I am on the right track in obtaining somewhat realistic engine and systems sounds for my Sim Project.

I'm using FSX with Sim-Avionics.  The weather is REX, with a few Airport packages.  Here is the video that shows take-off, climb, cruise, descent, and landing/taxi:

Mike
737 800 Sounds 1
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Maurice

Very nice video Mike. And I love the displays as well. The sounds are quite good on YouTube but I'm sure they sound even better live.

I would think you can't hear the flaps that much if at all in a real cockpit but I still like hearing them. I also think the landing gear sound should be a bit louder since the nose wheel is right under but I'm just guessing. Maybe Mike L. Will comment about that. And it sounds like the wheels need some lubrication as well  ;D

What did you end up using on the bezels? I will do that as well on my three 32" TVs since it looks much better than the black bezels.

I think that out of all the builders in this forum at least, you are the fastest to ever get to the stage you are now. You may not be finished but it looks like you are having a grand ol' time flying while still building. That's the way to do it.

Great job!

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

HarryZ

Mike,

I'll echo Maurice's comments on the nice video.  Having had the opportunity to fly in the 737 and 767 cockpits a number of times in my airline days, I'll make the comment that the sound that is heard is quite a bit softer and muffled compared to what we hear in our sims, especially the flaps.  You really don't hear them at all other than the slight buffeting effect you get when deploying them.

Because the engines are a distance behind you, most of the sound you hear on the take-off roll is the tires banging on the runway. Once airborne and gaining speed, the engine sound almost disappears and it's the wind noise more than anything that you hear.   But you really want some kind of sound in our sims for effect, especially when you are trying to impress friends!

Harry
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

sagrada737

Thanks for the feedback Harry, Maurice.  I suspected that the Flaps sound was way too loud, and I agree that the linkage-sound is kind of "squeaky" during taxi operations.

I did go into the Sound.cfg file and modify the Flaps volume parameter, and it is now more acceptable.  Like Maurice pointed out, it is a bit difficult to get a sense for the sound with a video.  Anyway, thanks guys for the feedback.  I will continue to tweak this from time-to-time, but for now, it's probably good enough.  Time to get back to finishing up my Overhead, and reviewing cockpit procedures for the upcoming CBWF event.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

MLeavy737

Sounds good Mike however you wouldnt hear the standby altimeter/airspeed thumper if you dont have that gauge ;)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate