Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 09:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
516 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Generic TQ base for GoFlight 737 levers

Started by Aerosim Solutions, December 08, 2013, 07:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all,
A friend of mine from the West Australian Worldflight crew asked me to "fix" his troublesome GoFlight TQ which had failed pots and practically zero throttle friction. The GoFlight metal 737 levers are quite good and I decided they were worthy of a much better base than the GoFlight unit so I built this generic base. It has 9 position flaps and a speed brake handle as per 737 but can be used on any twin jet I guess. I have no plans to market it but I might share the CNC files when they are finalized. Now it's back to my sim again...
[smg id=1036]
[smg id=1037]
[smg id=1038]
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair

FKWKD Gwyn, would be great if you could produce the parts in kit form, a fantastic upgrade for the Goflight.  Are those knobs your own cast versions?

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Ken,
The levers are totally GoFlight although I did rewire them, the GoFlight wiring was very "industrial" - hot glue used as an insulator! They are not too cheap I think they are about AUD$290.00 a pair. I just came in from a test circuit in the 737NGX and the TQ works great. 9 flap positions, speedbrake, thrust levers, reversers and toga all good. I couldn't find the FSX assignment for A/T disconnect, that might have to be an FSUIPC thing maybe? The fuel switches killed the engines but the PMDG levers don't cycle. Apart from that it was great to fly with, Joe is going to be a happy boy!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Joe Lavery

Nice job there Gwyn, (as usual). I reckon that would go down well as an add on for Go-Flight. Or even as a desktop throttle using your own levers. Many people don't want to go as far as we have.
Just a thought for when Aerosim Solutions opens the books again.

Also Merry Christmas Gwyn to you, Leonie and the family. Lots of time to get that deck flying again.

Cheers

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: Joe Lavery on December 09, 2013, 06:59:19 AM
Nice job there Gwyn, (as usual). I reckon that would go down well as an add on for Go-Flight. Or even as a desktop throttle using your own levers. Many people don't want to go as far as we have.

Also Merry Christmas Gwyn to you, Leonie and the family. Lots of time to get that deck flying again.

Cheers

Joe.

Thanks Joe,
I'm leaning towards avoiding TQs really as there are so many available already and there is not enough profit in them to make them worthwhile. This was just a favour for a mate really, I probably ended up with $5 an hour for it! What am I like???
[smg id=1039]

Merry Christmas to you and Pam too my friend,

Cheers Gwyn

pvj85

Hi Gwyn,

sorry to bring an old topic up. interested in your generic throttle,

but how do the throttles have resistance or no fall forwards or backwards. looking at creating a semi realistic feeling for my throttle levers.

cheers
philip

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on December 09, 2013, 02:20:32 PM
Quote from: Joe Lavery on December 09, 2013, 06:59:19 AM

Cheers

Joe.

Thanks Joe,
I'm leaning towards avoiding TQs really as there are so many available already and there is not enough profit in them to make them worthwhile. This was just a favour for a mate really, I probably ended up with $5 an hour for it! What am I like???
[smg id=1039]

Merry Christmas to you and Pam too my friend,

Cheers Gwyn

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Philip,
I use 6mm cork discs cut from cork floor tiles. These discs are pushed against the sides of the thrust levers inside of the box by springs that are mounted on the axle. The disc part of the lever is about 75mm and the gear teeth to rotate the pots are on the outer diameter. The friction is great using cork.
Cheers Gwyn

pvj85

hi Gwyn,

that is quite ingenious. must be some strong springs then ah?

never thought of it, I have heard of friction washers & lock nuts. thats what I thought was inside the big round tube

but the cork makes sense as it gives the compression a little and the springs are holding the pressure.

pvj85

Gymn, is this the same as the generic throttle box on your website?

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on May 20, 2015, 10:54:14 PM
Hi Philip,
I use 6mm cork discs cut from cork floor tiles. These discs are pushed against the sides of the thrust levers inside of the box by springs that are mounted on the axle. The disc part of the lever is about 75mm and the gear teeth to rotate the pots are on the outer diameter. The friction is great using cork.
Cheers Gwyn

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: pvj85 on May 21, 2015, 01:11:03 AM
Gymn, is this the same as the generic throttle box on your website?

[/quote]

The Generic throttle base is slightly different, it uses the the outer case to provide friction and it can be adjusted. The springs on the cork clutch are about 40mm outside diameter with a 3mm wire diameter, they are quite strong to compress. I usually source the springs first then design my machines to utilize them.
Cheers Gwyn

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate