Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
356 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Upgrading from Jetmax

Started by rs3tier, May 04, 2014, 08:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs3tier

Hi all

It has been a while since I posted.  I have basically been enjoying the Jetmax for last 4 months or so - I really am more of a flyer than a builder.

Whilst the Jetmax truly does everything it says on the box (i.e. got me off the desk) - I have decided I want more!  So I now have a FDS DSTD and shell/liners ordered.  I also have a couple of IPECO seats coming which I am pretty excited about and I am about to order a single PFC yoke.  I expect to move to linked yokes in due course but the PFC one will "do for now" and it will make a nice value add when I get around to selling the Jetmax.

During the last few weeks I installed a basic OC radio pedestal which I am happy with for sure, but I can also see why it would make sense to pay more/buy better.

For now that leaves me with thinking about tackling an overhead - I will definitely talk to FDS but the budget is really hurting at the moment so am also considering the new(ish) offering from OC for this.

Although everything is coming, it will probably be a few months still (particularly the FDS items) but now the decisions have all been made I can sit back with nervous anticipation.

Can I also just add a vote to the "FDS are awesome" pile.  Peter was very very patient with me through about 30 emails and then a long phone discussion.  He was also kind enough to refer me to someone for the seats rather than trying to sell them to me himself - that kind of action says a lot about him and FDS in my opinion.

Photos to come sometime around July!

Mach7

I will give a +1 regarding the comments on FDS and Mr. PCOS. I ordered some rudder pedals sometime ago and they are awesome. I highly recommend FDS and there support staff as well.

jskibo

You need an overhead you say?  :)  Hmmm
Less than 4 years to retirement......

rs3tier

Quote from: jskibo on May 09, 2014, 04:21:34 AM
You need an overhead you say?  :)  Hmmm

You have lost me.  I don't think I have seen you post an o/head for sale (have I?)

rs3tier

I said no pics for a few months, but the seats turned up and just wanted to share.
Why oh why is my wife not interested in talking to me about this stuff :)

Nat Crea

Get used to it...mine won't acknowledge its existence ;D

Nat

jackpilot

::)

Girlfriends are impressed and can even play FO
Wifes are not compatible with aluminum.
Period. :P

Jack

rs3tier

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate