Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 10:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
352 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 352
Total: 352

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CAT III Motorised TQ opinions wanted

Started by rs3tier, May 11, 2014, 10:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs3tier

Hi
I know there have been some discussions around these items before, but I am looking for some current feedback - particularly as it seems there have been some changes since the move from Revolution to CAT-III.

I have been emailing CAT-III and they tell me they currently have 2 different versions available - A SIOC version and a PNP (plug n play) version.  I explained that I am currently using SIM AVIONICS and on that basis they are recommending the SIOC version.  I am not really sure of the operational differences between the two apart from the fact they said the reversers on the SIOC model and just an on/off switch whereas the PNP version has a 3-way switch on them so you can program low,medium and high reverse thrust.

So what I am hoping for is:
1.) any comments on CAT-III in general - and if I should consider purchasing a TQ from them.
2.) any experience people have with the SIOC versus PNP version and any pros/cons between them.

Thanks
Robert

jfuenmayor

Hi Robert.

I am probably one of the first, if not the first customer purchasing from CATIII. I personally picked up my TQ in Orlando. I am not sure about the PNP version since I got
the Proline series TQ which depends on SIOC. The TQ's are still made in France ( I think ).

The TQ itself is probably on of the best ones in the industry. It is solid with that "pro feel".
Mine had a few issues that I consider minor. The first one was that the SIOC script was written for PM and ProSim, so I had to adapt it to work with SimAvionics, second, there was a problem with the Joystick Card and it needed to be replaced ( The Joystick card in my model, is used to control the TOGA , A/T disconnect and Park Brake input and is programmed for those functions either via FSUIPC or FSX and perhaps P3D ( no experience with it ). The last one that I have yet have to fix ( mainly lack of time ) is the backlighting, I think that it shorted out at the switch level due perhaps to humidity. All in all, I am very happy with it. Also, mine has three RT positions, idle, middle and high. Personally, I prefer the  SIOC script one  better, it can be modified and adjusted, especially the calibration. I got my throttles moving really smooth.

I hope this is of some help to you. If you decide to get the SIOC one, we could help you get it going.

Joaquin.

rs3tier

Thanks Joaquin

That is pretty encouraging.  I think the Proline series is a 3rd offering they have - so basic SIOC, basic PNP and Proline SIOC - at least I think that is how it works.  I am not surprised to hear yours has 3 RT positions given it is the top of the line.  I am not sure what other differences there are between the basic SIOC version and yours.

At least this gives me confidence that it should be able to integrate with SA without too much hassle.  I was fairly confident this was the case, but being new to SIOC it is nice to get it confirmed.

Thanks
Robert

jfuenmayor

The Proline model has a motorized park brake so it can be release by the
toe brakes like in the real aircraft, therefore, it comes with two motor cards and one joystick card.  I also had to re write a workaround in SIOC, since their script is written for the Revolution rudder pedals, and I use PFC pedals. My code should work with any other pedals with separate toe brakes. Other functions such as been able to advance or pull back the throttles while the A/T are engaged as well as to advance the speed brake beyond the flight detente while in flight without damage to the motors, are included. Very nice indeed. If you have a real cockpit and if budget is not an issue, why settle for less.

JF

rs3tier

Hi

CAT-III have advised me that even the standard SIOC version I should be able to move throttles throttles without damaging motors.  So I have ordered the standard version (ultimately budget was an issue).

They said they had a unit available for immediate shipment so hopefully I wont have to wait too long; I really do need to work on being more patient!

JF, if you get a chance and can message me your SIOC scripts at some point that would be a good head start for me.

Thanks,
Rob

jfuenmayor

OK

Once you get the TQ and you see what's in there for good, we'll start
working on your script. You will need to modify the FSUIPC file in the
Sim-Avionics server with some parameters.

They have a Platinum script file in the site, at least in the original site.
They will give you a script to work with, maybe we could adapt mine.

JF

rs3tier

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate