Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:58:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
366 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 366
Total: 366

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Another day

Started by Bob Reed, May 31, 2015, 02:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

So what has everyone been able to accomplish on their sims this weekend?

FredK

A busy week here as well -

Switched over to Fly Elise Immersive for my warping software (I was having problems with Nthusim working right with P3D in my new computer builds).....All now working fine with visuals!

Updated avionics to Sim A 1.56......All working fine with that!  Some very neat new bells and whistles.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Bob Reed

Good to hear Fred. Remember those radios? Well they will finally be put to use.

FredK

Glad to see they have a good home!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Caflyt

I got one set of rudder pedals nearly completed!!

Aerosim Solutions

New instructor station PC installed, ACARS printer installed and working, Prosim updates to v1.43, two new headsets then it's back to the Spitfire job!!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Flying_Fox

7-segment indicators for electrical panel and Land/Flt Alt  assembled.

Photo from test with Pokeys card:

Bob Reed

My weekend went well. I have the sim all moved to it's location and re assembled. Came up with a problem after the move which I do not understand but I will deal with it tonight. The avionics computer is now locking up. Did not do anything but move it 10 feet. Stupid computer..... Waiting for the new HDMI cable to arrive so I can move the projector back a little farther and then I think the visuals will be the best I have ever had! Glad to see everyone is building!

KyleH

Crappy weather this weekend meant I wasn't doing any flying as scheduled. So instead helped my brother get his sim back up and running in his new house.
Piper Twin Commanche, with visuals done via rear projection through white sheets. Still needs tweaking and smoothing of the "screen"  but we were able to fly it and practice some vfr navigation exercises.

Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Bob Reed

Wow Kyle, that looks great! Are you using just 1 projector?

KyleH

No, its 3 projectors through a TH2GO. They're standard Epson projectors not short throws, hence the rear projection being used.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

jackpilot

Same crappy weather here.
Had a Miami- Guadeloupe flight with my favorite FO, (including in-flight meal and coffee from the "galley"behind the door.

Mid Flight near San Juan at FL330

Jack

Bob Reed

Well the HDMI cable arrived today so I will be making the screen a little bigger. And looks like I will be setting up a new machine for the avionics so I will have to wait for new keys for PM. Things are still going pretty good on the sim.

Bob Reed

So the screen is now a lot bigger and I have sent for the new keys for the replacement avionics computer from PM. Now what do I work on while I wait... Hmmm maybe re configure the center council to take my 73 radios? My fire panel? Decisions decisions.. lol

Bob Reed

Received the new keys and configured PM on the new avionics computer. Took her for the KSRQ to KTPA test run. Wow... She flew great. No idea if the computer was the problem with the auto throttle but no hunting. So tomorrow I think I will setup a few switches and fly from SRQ to ATL. We will see how that goes. New thread as well....

Bob Reed

Quote from: Flying_Fox on June 01, 2015, 08:22:04 PM
Indicators for Electric panel are ready.  8)

That is nice. What interface are you using?

jackpilot

Real good Nick!!
Amazed...
Jack

Jack

Flying_Fox

Quote from: Bob Reed on June 02, 2015, 03:28:45 AM
Quote from: Flying_Fox on June 01, 2015, 08:22:04 PM
Indicators for Electric panel are ready.  8)

That is nice. What interface are you using?

I use Pokeys card (three ports to control group of up to 8 indicators)
and  7-segment indicators with common cathode and 7-segment boards from Wendy  (http://www.flightsimparts.eu/Shop_7Segment.html)

So, one Pokeys card controls  Electric panel and another one - Flt/Land Alt indicators. There are 6 Pokey cards controlling Fwd/Aft overheads. Land/Flt Alt. All my sim is built on Pokeys cards. ;)

Wendy has dedicated electric panel now, but I bought those parts earlier.
Now need to get more parts for IRS Display.  :angel:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate