Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 09:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
355 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 355
Total: 355

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Whats up tonight?

Started by Bob Reed, June 03, 2015, 01:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

It's here It's here It's here!! Thank you so much jr2mey! This is the throttle I had in my old sim. I sent it to a new, good home because it was just sitting in my basement. She is home and I am tickled to death. So tonight... Installing the TQ of course!!!! What are you working on tonight?

RayS

Pictures or it didn't happen!
Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

Bob Reed

Ok pictures where asked for so here they are!

[smg id=1168]

[smg id=1169]

[smg id=1170]

Bob Reed

So I have it all figured out. I found my wiring diagrams for the old sim and there where the diagrams for the TQ. I am sure James had them but he lives on the other cost and was still at work!  ;D I will not get to work on it tomorrow but by the end of the weekend I should be flying with it with all buttons and switches working. Now I need to build a CDU bay. How does that saw work??  :o

jr2mey

James

Bob Reed

Well after the race, time to finally get back down to the sim. Throttle arrived on Tuesday and I have not been able to get back down there so. Should have the interfacing all done tonight. I hope....  :D

Bob Reed

Ok .. I have made it! I am working on the TQ! And for those who say "if there are not any pics, it did not happen?",

[smg id=1171]

There ya go....

KyleH

Wow that's an old multimeter.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Bob Reed

Hi Kyle, yes it is but it does still work and that is all that matters. I have one older!  :D

Bob Reed

Wel the throttle is in place and wired. Started the programing and that os going to take a bit. Buttons and axis oh my..... Anyway I hope to have it all woking tomorrow night. We will see. It is amazing all I have forgotten how to do. It is almost like I am just starting again.

RayS

Quote from: KyleH on June 07, 2015, 04:31:32 PM
Wow that's an old multimeter.

I had to chuckle at this.. That DMM still has an LCD display... old, but not quite as old as this:

...used these in the military to calibrate INS NAV systems.
Ray Sotkiewicz

jackpilot

Jack

Bob Reed

Thanks Jack. This may get done tonight. We will have to see how today goes. I am close to flying this bird again!

Bob Reed

Working with the TQ tonight and making good headway. Axis are all set and calibrated now I am trying to remember how to assign buttons with offsets in FSUIPC. Bla! I use to know how to do all this stuff!

Bob Reed

And with a little help from some friends, the throttle is all installed, programed and working. Wow, this thing has taken on a life of its own already. This weekend, how about some paint and maybe the radios? We will see. Have to rebuild the top of the console to do that. Next week going to fix my PFC yoke. Hmm may have to build a sub floor. The yoke is a little high without one. CDU bay and I will be in good shape!

KyleH

Good to hear you've got it going Bob.
How'd you get the TOGA buttons working?
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Bob Reed

Quote from: KyleH on June 12, 2015, 05:12:16 AM
Good to hear you've got it going Bob.
How'd you get the TOGA buttons working?

Number 1, use the right offset. Number 2, the right FSUIPC setting. So I found the correct offset right after we got off the phone. Then the next night James helped with the right FSUIPC settings. I also did a little more tweaking of the throttle axis. So things are coming along well. Now I have to start cleaning up all the wires. Going to go for a flight today too. I need to test and see how it is all working together!  ;D Thanks for all your help guys!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate