Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
592 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 592
Total: 592

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prosim multiple displays

Started by mswift, July 05, 2015, 05:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mswift

i would like to use Prosim as the avonics software for my 737 MIP.
The 5 screens that require to be driven will be as follows:
2 x screens for the Captains And FO PFD/ND
1 x screen for the upper EICAS and standby instruments
1 x screen for the lower EICAS

Preferably 1 or more screens for displaying other FS software.

I propose using 2x GTX960 cards in non sli mode to drive the above screens but can't find anywhere a reference on how to install and configure two graphic cards to do what I have suggested above.
Can you help?
Cheers
Mike

quid246

I've only played around with ProSim a bit... but I am guessing for a start, create separate folders with ProSim's Display module for each physical screen (so each has their own config)... then drag those to the requisite monitors and setup what you want each to display.

wkrp2005

Yes.  You need each screen to have its own display folder.  I name them appropriately so as to remember which is which.  Its really quite easy.  Occasionally a display may seem lost.  In this case you need to edit the X and Y coordinates in the config.xml to move it back to where you want it.  I've only had this happen once or twice..  Good luck!

mswift

Hi
Thanks for your replies but I am ok with using Prosim to display the panels on the various screens.
My question is........how do I install and configure the two graphic cards to allow me to run 5 or 6 led screens?
All I can find on the Internet is two graphic cards using SLI which is not what I want.

NedH

This isn't too hard. Windows and NVidia will allow you to spread your desktop across the two cards and the 5 or 6 monitors. It will be done slightly different depending on whether its XP, Windows 7 or 8.

I suggest you put each of the panels that you want to display in a separate folder. Connect the monitors and start windows. Configure windows/NVidia so that your desktop is spread across all the monitors. Then start each of the exe's in their folders. Then just drag each of the panels to the monitor you want it to display on.

Flying_Fox

Quote from: wkrp2005 on July 05, 2015, 08:14:16 AM
Occasionally a display may seem lost.  In this case you need to edit the X and Y coordinates in the config.xml to move it back to where you want it.  I've only had this happen once or twice..  Good luck!

Yes, sometimes Prosim loses (actually changes) the config coordinates for displays.
What I do for this  - I have a batch file to run Prosim Display. When  Prosim monitors locations are set properly, I make a copy of config.xml and the batch file overrides config.xml over from a copy each time before actual Prosim Display starts.
So I need to make another copy only if I want to change something in config.

navymustang

Wow- a hint that will be very useful for those of us with 8 or 9 monitors.  Thanks for the insight on the config file.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

fordgt40

With Windows, if you forget to turn on one monitor on a multi monitor MIP set up, then Windows can incorrectly position the screens. With Sim Avionics this can cause real problems as on programme closure the incorrect positions can then be saved back to the respective config files. Next time you run the sim you wonder where the displays have gone or you find the lower EICAS is part displayed on the FO PFD! I solved this by making the config files "read only"  :)

NedH

David,
I agree that if a monitor is off when a PC starts (in a multi-monitor setup) that Windows will save the new configuration.

But are you sure about the Prosim config xml files? I don't think Prosim will save the panel's config files when the program closes. I think Prosim only changes the xml files if you manually change the config.

fordgt40

Hi Ned

I referenced Sim Avionics (slight thread drift!) and not Prosim  :) Still could be wrong, but making their (sim-a) config files read only solved my problem

David

Flying_Fox

Quote from: NedH on July 08, 2015, 04:07:13 AM
I don't think Prosim will save the panel's config files when the program closes. I think Prosim only changes the xml files if you manually change the config.

No, I've seen it several times - that's why I've come up with idea of overwriting  config.xml from a copy on ProsimDisplay startup.
You just close ProsimDisplay and restart it - bang- suddenly config has different coordinates for monitors.

Nick

Volante

This behaviour was altered in Prosim Display v. 1.38 :

'Saving of the display configuration is no longer done when exiting ProSim737 Display. Instead, ProSim737 Display will save its configuration when you move it from setup mode to normal operation mode. When you stay in setup mode, ProSim737 Display will also save the configuration when exiting the application.'

Vidar

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate