Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 11:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

SIM737 Hobart, Brisbane to Gold Coast - CFY V3 Throttle

Started by rs3tier, March 14, 2016, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs3tier

Hi
I haven't posted much on here lately but we are still busy with the Sim.  The OEM yokes conversion and control loading project is the big ticket item, and proceeding well so far but taking time.

I did recently install a new TQ from CockpitForYou.com.  this is one of the new V3 ones which no longer requires Sioc.

So far I have been very happy with it.  the vid below doesn't specifically show off the TQ but there is some reasonable views of it in action.
https://youtu.be/HtgyZBFkDoc

Regards
Rob

tennyson

Hey Rob,
Great vid, mate.

Can I ask you, Rob, how much did the V3 cost to your door in Hobart. I may be interested in upgrading, too.

Regards,

Frank

rs3tier

Hey Frank

This was the V3 Gold version.  I ordered directly from the aviation megastore and paid 2800EUR including freight to Tasmania (so in the $4200 AUD range).
I then paid GST/UPS fees of $500AUD once it was landed in Australia.
Shipping was about 8 days in total .. got to love the megastore.

Cheers,
Rob

jfuenmayor

Great video. How was the setup?. Did you have to do any calibration?.
I think it looks excellent for the price. The pro version of the Revolution was close four thousand $US. 

May I ask what size are your display monitors. The look awesome.

JF

tennyson

rs3tier

Go for it frank :)

The TV's are 55".  They work fine, particularly as they are very close to the shell but I think 5 X 60" is still the magic number.

The CFY V3 setup (for Prosim) was very simple... And I mean very simple.  almost entirely plug and play apart from a few fsuipc offsets and joystick buttons to be mapped directly into the Prosim configure screen.

cHeers,
Rob

mariodantas

Hello, did you find issues with your autopilot being disengaged ?, is happeing actually with cockpitforyou V3 throttles....

tennyson

As a followup, Sorry not mariodantas, but I also bought this throttle from Torsen after talking to Rob. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to him and I bought direct from Torsen.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the throttle or Torsen, but it was shipped via DHL.....

5 Days from Germany to Brisbane...Yahoo! but that's where the yahoo ends. It's been here for 5 days clearing Customs!
I rang them yesterday and the girl said "ring back next Friday, it should be cleared by then......."

That will be two weeks in their hands......twice as long as what it took to fly from Germany!

I hate dealing with DHL, they are so incompetent and always charge a fortune for Import and GST....

Just a heads up for any Ozzies, thinking about buying a CFY...Do what ROB says and buy from the Megastore!

Frank.....still waiting for his throttle

mariodantas

Quote from: tennyson on September 24, 2016, 02:57:25 PM
As a followup, Sorry not mariodantas, but I also bought this throttle from Torsen after talking to Rob. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to him and I bought direct from Torsen.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the throttle or Torsen, but it was shipped via DHL.....

5 Days from Germany to Brisbane...Yahoo! but that's where the yahoo ends. It's been here for 5 days clearing Customs!
I rang them yesterday and the girl said "ring back next Friday, it should be cleared by then......."

That will be two weeks in their hands......twice as long as what it took to fly from Germany!

I hate dealing with DHL, they are so incompetent and always charge a fortune for Import and GST....

Just a heads up for any Ozzies, thinking about buying a CFY...Do what ROB says and buy from the Megastore!

Frank.....still waiting for his throttle

Arrrfffffff, soooooo long.

I bought mine from Torsten and receive it in 5 days........... From Germany to France.

Ok thanks for the feedback.

rs3tier

HI.
Since the last few versions of the CFY software i have been seeing occasional autopilot disconnects.  I have installed version 1.5.12 today so maybe that will be better.

Regards,
Rob

mariodantas

Quote from: rs3tier on September 26, 2016, 02:25:02 AM
HI.
Since the last few versions of the CFY software i have been seeing occasional autopilot disconnects.  I have installed version 1.5.12 today so maybe that will be better.

Regards,
Rob

Rob,

V1.5.12 does the same thing, it disconnects the AP occasionally, wich of the older versions works good without disconnecting the AP ???????

As for 1.5.12 I talked with Torsten yesterday, he said that his DevTeam will work on the issue ASAP.

tennyson

Hi Guys.
As a follow up, I still haven't got my throttle and I'm furious. So, I wrote Torsen an email telling him how upset I was about the situation.

Now, we have to remember that Torsen's first language is not English, but he answered me, politely and almost immediately.

He explained to me the very cheap freight cost that he had sourced and then gave me examples of freight costs by other companies.
There was over 1000 euro's difference.

This calmed me down very quickly and bought me to my senses. I apologised to him and thanked him for doing a good job with the freight.

I honestly believe, by the few interactions I've had with Torsen, that he's not only one of the best throttle manufacturers in the market place, but also a good guy who can handle problems.

I'm off to NZ tomorrow, so my throttle will arrive this week and my better half will pick it up for me....not a problem, in the big scheme of things.

At the end of the day, I'll be happy to see it in my sim and flying the sky's.

Frank

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate