Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:34:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
499 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

GoFlight MCP pro Alternatives??

Started by Mach7, September 13, 2016, 02:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

I am about to use my GoFlight mcp pro as a door stop, as  thats all this device is good for.

I cannot get through a flight without it freezing up...so frustrating!!!

GF support admits the problem might be solved by a firmware upgrade to A25...and suggests the rotary pots be changed out as they are apparenly only good for a set number of rotations!!! All at a cost payable to me, (warranty only good for one year).

I estimate with the cost of the firmware upgrade, (to fix there problem), then the parts and labour to replace there sub standard pots, plus shipping, I am close to the price of a brand new MCP!!!... go figure

What a load of garbage...

Anyway..  rant over

.is there any comparable MCP that could be used in my pit, (Fs9, win 7 pro, addon default aircraft, no PMDG), that is still plug and play and is reliable with no freezingup??

I dont care about price right now, just want to move forward and never hear the words GoFlight again.

Aerosim Solutions

CP Flight have great MCP & EFIS units, probably the best.

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Mach7

727737Nut

Virtual Avionics has an MCP that is almost identical to CPFlight Pro at HALF the price.  :o  I may get one myself
Rob
737 Junkie

KyleH

I second the CP flight recommendation.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

jackpilot

Hi James
If not a rush, I will pull out an FDS G2 MCP/Efis out of my cockpit to replace it with the new FDS- MX
Has been a bullet proof unit so far.
I would let it go for a very reasonable price
But first I have to remove it and re check it
Jack

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Jack

Mach7

Thanks Jack, I might be interested. Is the FDS unit compatible with fs9?
I was looking at the virtual avionics one, but it does not appear to be fs9 compatible :( can anyone confirm or deny this?

jim

jackpilot

I've been using it with FS9 for years!
Will switch to P3D just now.

Jack

FredK

Using CPFlightPro here including pedestal panels.  Excellent quality and reliability....over 6 years old now.  No problems whatsoever.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Mach7

Hello again guys,

So I am looking at both the CP flight model and the Virtual Avionics model and wondering if anyone has either of these units and what the difference is as the price point is considerably more for the CP MCP.

They both look identical, but is there a better tactile feel with the push switches etc? or are you just paying for the name....

-Jim

Volante

I suggest you check out the SimWorld MCP. They are by far the best unit I have come across. Their displays are true replicas of the real deal, and the look and feel of the unit is superior.
One day I will replace my CPFlight MCP Pro with this one.
http://www.simworld.pl/shop/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=107

-Vidar

mgovernali

Quote from: Mach7 on September 13, 2016, 02:05:00 PM
I am about to use my GoFlight mcp pro as a door stop, as  thats all this device is good for.

I cannot get through a flight without it freezing up...so frustrating!!!

GF support admits the problem might be solved by a firmware upgrade to A25...and suggests the rotary pots be changed out as they are apparenly only good for a set number of rotations!!! All at a cost payable to me, (warranty only good for one year).

I estimate with the cost of the firmware upgrade, (to fix there problem), then the parts and labour to replace there sub standard pots, plus shipping, I am close to the price of a brand new MCP!!!... go figure

What a load of garbage...

I am also a happy CPFlight 747 MCP customer! Over 3 years and not a problem, and the staff are extremely helpful should you have any questions. Marco

Anyway..  rant over

.is there any comparable MCP that could be used in my pit, (Fs9, win 7 pro, addon default aircraft, no PMDG), that is still plug and play and is reliable with no freezingup??

I dont care about price right now, just want to move forward and never hear the words GoFlight again.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate