Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
578 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 578
Total: 578

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3Dv4 Multi-Display Performance?

Started by FredK, June 05, 2017, 04:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

Bump on this:

Anyone have anything to report on how well P3D V4 runs on a multi-display setup (single computer) versus V3? 

As a multi-channel (WideView) user for almost 15 years now I am on the verge of making a decision to bite the bullet to invest in the best rig possible at this point (Titan 1080 water-cooled GPU for example)to run my multi-displays off a single computer.  The thing is I will be very disappointed if it does not at least approach the display performance of what I have running 4 computers (server + 3 clients).   I am not looking to exceed....just to match, or nearly match. I know that P3D V3 is well short of that criteria.

It is been hard to glean that understanding context from the forums to this point. In any event I will most likely spec out and put my order in for the hardware this weekend and find out firsthand.

Support for WideView appears to be dead going forward, and I do not want to be stuck on V3 in any event.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

bernard S

yup works brillent i running x4 1080ti single computer

XOrionFE

Fred, I cannot comment for v4 but I will tell you that on 3.4 I have run 3 displays with multi views off one computer and video card with full orbx scenery, most sliders all the way up, and active sky with Rex textures and mine ran like a raped ape.   I have the 7700 kaby lake overclocked to 4.2 which I think is one of the most important things needed.   32 gig of memory (not as important of course on 3.4 but probably a big deal on v4), and a EVGA 1080 GTX with H110 cooler.    I think it would be interesting in v4 to try with dual 1080 ti's.   Theoretically one should be able to run 5 displays.

I will likely try out P3D v4 once Pete has FSUIPC updated (havent checked to see if this is done yet).

Right now XP-11 is still my primary goto.

Scott

mickc

FredK

QuoteFred, I cannot comment for v4 but I will tell you that on 3.4 I have run 3 displays with multi views off one computer and video card with full orbx scenery, most sliders all the way up, and active sky with Rex textures and mine ran like a raped ape.   I have the 7700 kaby lake overclocked to 4.2 which I think is one of the most important things needed.   32 gig of memory (not as important of course on 3.4 but probably a big deal on v4), and a EVGA 1080 GTX with H110 cooler.    I think it would be interesting in v4 to try with dual 1080 ti's.   Theoretically one should be able to run 5 displays.

I will likely try out P3D v4 once Pete has FSUIPC updated (havent checked to see if this is done yet).

Right now XP-11 is still my primary goto.

Scott

Scott -

Is that 3 windowed views using ViewGroups or a single stretched view?  My interest would be the windowed views which tax performance but avoid the fisheye issue.  I assume you are running 1900x1080 displays.

Also, from what I have been reading dual GPUs may actually make things worse in a CPU bottlenecked config.

I am just trying to understand all this as I have no multi-display experience outside of WideView.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

XOrionFE

Quote from: FredK on June 06, 2017, 03:18:51 PM
Scott -

Is that 3 windowed views using ViewGroups or a single stretched view?  My interest would be the windowed views which tax performance but avoid the fisheye issue.  I assume you are running 1900x1080 displays.

Also, from what I have been reading dual GPUs may actually make things worse in a CPU bottlenecked config.

I am just trying to understand all this as I have no multi-display experience outside of WideView.

Fred K

This is windowed views using viewgroups.   Each screen is 1920x1080.   I am not in front of it right now but I believe I have each at 50 degree and have at 3 differnt angles.  Not the single surround view at 5760x1080 with fisheye.   I can only assume performance would be even better on P3D v4.

Here is a video taking off out of KSFO with my Sim in P3D v3.4.  Orbx Global, Vector, And Northern CA scenery with Active Sky2016 and cloud art.   Single 1080 gtx and 7700 processor as mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxgOvH5ziQ&sns=em

Not the best video to show off the viewgroups but I could make another showing whatever you want.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate