Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 10:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
28 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 75
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Smart solution for 737 cockpit without side-space.

Started by kurt-olsson, June 12, 2017, 10:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Okay, the 737 cockpit needs to be 2,4m width to be as the original in the wall behind the pilots. Since my new simroom will be 4x3m i want to build the cockpit as tight as possible on the sides. So i will not have any space between seat and window. ( well, almost none).

So my question:

Is it even possible to enter the seats without pulling them back and to the side? I want them in fixed position due to save space. But then you have to climb over the pedestal i guess?

Maybe i will just make the seat go max 10cm to the side...

blueskydriver

Keeping them fixed and climbing over will be tough; especially, if your foot hits anything on the ped...broken knobs or switches? Could you make the seats slide back further then the ped itself? Do you have rails already or are these bolt down types? If bolt down, someone has made tracks for them to work like J-Rails; I think that is Nick at APHS here: www.oncealoft.com

Assuming, you have enough room to slide them back, are you planning a back wall to the cockpit or will it just be the room wall? With sliding them back more you might not be able to have a cockpit backwall per se...

Can you post some pics?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, no pictures available... :(
But one cool thing is that i will use the door as my entrance door! :)
The room has two entrancedoors and you will enter the cockpit from outside hehe
I will use the roomwall itself as the backwall of the cockpit.

But i think that it will be hard to climb over the pedestal as you say so maybe i am out of options on the width...

jackpilot

If you want to have the room wall as your  back-wall and assuming there is at least a foot between that wall and the back of your seat when full aft on straight rails, and assuming you are not XXL, you can access the pilot seat from the left. A bit tight, but much easier than "walking " over the pedestal, in which case you need full sim width, ie 2,40m. Your room being 3m wide that leaves you 30cm on each side . Should work.

Jack

kurt-olsson

Ah! There is the solution i was looking for. A foot between wall and aft end of rail will be possible. ????

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate