Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 08:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
586 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 586
Total: 586

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Think about a VA

Started by Bob Reed, October 21, 2017, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

If you are looking to add a little more reality to your simming, you may want to consider a VA. Virtual Airline. I just joined one, https://www.alaskaair-virtual.org/. The way this VA is run is very good for operations which is what a lot of us are looking for. This VA allows you to start right out flying the aircraft of your choice, which is very important for us one aircraft simmers. I do not mean this as a plug , but just to let you know there some of these still out there that are functioning like a real airline and I am enjoying the "have purpose" for my flying!

Nlgravity

This is very interesting. Im actually in the process of developing a brand new VA targeted to the cockpit builders and sim owners.

I will share more details as we get more progress in the future.

RayS

The VA Bob is talking about is actually pretty cool. You can download an ACARS piece of software, and it tracks what you do in the A/C, including your "Landings". It then assigns you a grade based on your performance.

Needless to say it is a little addictive! I just wish that Austin would release XP 11.10, so the ground effect bug won't factor into my landings.
Ray Sotkiewicz

blueskydriver

Thankfully, I am still a part of Virtual Northwest Airlines (VNWA) even though I am not able to use my sim yet. When I did fly or will get back to soon, they used an ACARS program as well and it even rated your angle/speed of descent, along with the fpm at touchdown; if above 500fpm it was not a good landing.

Additionally, all aspects from startup to shutdown are tracked using FSX codes or whatever they're called. Most likely they're on the P3D road by now and their ACARS will track that.

Agreeably, being a part of a VA does give you reasons to fly beyond just for the fun of it. Much like flying on VATSIM, where you have too follow ATC procedures, the VA's track everything else, so it feels even more closer to real flying.

I recommend everyone to join a VA, be it a bigger operation like Delta Virtual or a smaller one like VNWA, they all have something more too offer then flying alone. And, don't be nervous about doing this because most include training documents, as well as training rated flights...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Nlgravity

I have always been a part of a Virtual Airline. I have been a member of DVA, a very active member in fact, helping expand the historical schedules and actively helping pilots with the 738.

Until very recently, when i posted in the DVA forums an exclusive offer for DVA pilots to contribute reviews of payware for my site AirDailyX, and the president of DVA banned my account forever. So there you had 3,000 legs in the 738 with very impressive stats go down the drain. Wouldnt even provide me an excel file with my logbook.

That's when i realized.... is time to start a new one. So i purchased a comercial license of smartcars and are currently having my programmers develop what my dream VA would look like. So i will keep you posted when we launch. It eill probably be in line with the brand new version od the AirDailyX site

Bob Reed

Quote from: Nlgravity on October 27, 2017, 07:03:21 AM
I have always been a part of a Virtual Airline. I have been a member of DVA, a very active member in fact, helping expand the historical schedules and actively helping pilots with the 738.

Until very recently, when i posted in the DVA forums an exclusive offer for DVA pilots to contribute reviews of payware for my site AirDailyX, and the president of DVA banned my account forever. So there you had 3,000 legs in the 738 with very impressive stats go down the drain. Wouldnt even provide me an excel file with my logbook.

That's when i realized.... is time to start a new one. So i purchased a comercial license of smartcars and are currently having my programmers develop what my dream VA would look like. So i will keep you posted when we launch. It eill probably be in line with the brand new version od the AirDailyX site

I will be watching for this!  8)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate