Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 09:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
25 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 75
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Fly Elise Alert

Started by FredK, January 25, 2019, 03:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

Hi Guys.....Just a heads-up....

Be sure that you have the latest version of Immersive Display Pro loaded on your display computer(s). 

I had been screwing around for several days trying to figure out why the latest batch of WIN 10 updates crashed each of my Client Display computers (lock-up on boot).

I finally determined that the culprit was Immersive Display Pro.  I was using version 3.0.3;  the latest version is 3.0.5 which works.

I had not turned on those computers since mid-December since I have been busy rebuilding my sidewalls.  So there was a torrent of updates that came through at once which is a terrifying experience in any event.  I do not know for sure, but I suspect it was the major feature update 1809 which happens to be loaded with even more bloatware that is totally irrelevant for a simulator cockpit.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if P3D switched over to a Linux-based software.....no nonsense there!  Windows keeps getting worse and worse.

And a word to the wise......computer backups are absolutely essentially regarding this kind of thing.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

RayS

I have been there... several times. You can "prevent" windows from updating by configuring the network port to "Metered"

It's a detailed, convoluted process but well worth the time so Microshaft doesn't screw things up anymore.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-ethernet-connection-metered-windows-10
Ray Sotkiewicz

n4208t

I found a little program called Windows Update Blocker that was written by a hacker a couple of years ago.  It is tiny (700k), safe (no viruses) and it works though Microsoft on occasion STILL manages to slip an update in ... but nothing like it was before and my system has been much more stable since I loaded it on both of my sim platforms.  PM me if you would like me to email a copy to you.

Steve

n4208t

apparently some email systems (e.g. comcast) are quirky about allowing a file called a windows update blocker and will not accept it so here is the file for anyone who wishes it.  I have been burned several times by updates which is why I went looking for this gem.  This is the latest version.

Ed

Thanks alot for the file. I just got burned myself this past week with an update. Still fixing fileshares, antivirus and firewall settings :/ Threw my 3 PC sim network into a state of disarray. Also having some USB drop out issues as well. I will install this little entity today. Thanks very much.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Ed

I had turned off the Windows Updates, but if you forget about it, Windows will turn it back on after a given period of time. Of course, you know who..forgot about it and I suffered an update. This little windows update blocker program is easy to instal, has a little interface that allows you to turn off or on at will, and I hope that Windows will not be able to turn it off or on when it desires.

This last Update has really caused me big issues. It reset my antivirus, reset my firewalls and reset all my network fileshares. I am also having issues with USB ports dropping in and out so will have to take a look at USB power management and see what it's done there. At first I thought it may have been a PC related issue, but now the USB ports are dropping in and out on my laptop. Talk about a raft of headaches.  And through all of this, my one W7 PC in the network keeps purring along like a content kitty.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate