Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
138 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hola from Spain

Started by seedosip, May 14, 2018, 11:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seedosip

Hi all,
Greeting from Spain and from my 737 Project. After almost a year of rebuild due to house moving, small upgrades that became very time intensive, the build is progressing at least allowing now to fly and not only to build. Everything is run on Open Cockpits cards and except MCP and EFIS all the modules and panels are homebuilt. Currently running a projector for outside view, but thinking of replacing it with 3 TV screens for immersive view.

Kind regards,
Sergej

blueskydriver

Hi Sergej,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders! You have a very nice cockpit going and I look forward to seeing a lot of post from you; especially, about opencockpit cards. There a lot of builders who have them, but found them a little difficult at times when it comes to programming...lol...I'm one of those builders.

Anyway, you joining will be a big help to everyone and if you ever need help just ask. Members here are the greastest and the most helpful, so just post any questions you may have.

Regarding going from 1 projector to 3 TV screens, I suggest you really think a lot about this and if you can, go visit another builder who either has 3 projectors or 3 TV screens already setup. Builders have gone either/or on this subject, where some say the 3 TV's are good for seeing details and others say the 3 projectors are better for the depth perception.

I use 3 projectors, but I've been contemplating going to 3 or 5 TVs like Scott has done, but I want to go visit him for a real comparison before doing this. That way I know for sure that the TV screens would be better. In other words, I just suggest you weigh this heavily before spending on the TV screens; nothing worse the buyers regret...lol...I mean builder's regret  :o

Again, welcome to Cockpit Builders...the home of the world's greatest flight simulator builders and flyers (speaking of which, check out Trevor's almost daily online/VatSim/live streaming flights).

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

seedosip

Thanks for a very warm welcome John!
I did struggle for quite a while witch SIOC scripts, especially for the overhead as mine is completely home build including gauges, I have just purchased the plastic panels. I would be more than happy to help if I can :)
As per TV vs projectors, I am very happy with the projector and I have seen 3 projector screens in work in flightsim exhibition and its impressive! The thing is that I have very limited space so 3 projector screens would just not fit.  Maybe 2 very short focus could do... Other thing is calibration and image merging.
I have seen video on YouTube (I believe its from Scott) showing 3 TV which looked like a perfect solution for me. If I will find somebody with either 3 projectors or TV setup to visit, the beer would be on me :)

Cheers,
Sergej

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate