Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
118 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Sim-A sound ??

Started by Sam Llorca, November 13, 2012, 03:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Llorca

Hello guys, I finally got my cockpit running, but there is a constant beeping sound coming from the avionics computer that can't keep it off, I flipped every switch in the cockpit, can anyone help? Thanks.

Trevor Hale

LOL @ Sam,  Glad its finally running, you must be pleased.  is it an aircraft noise? or is it a computer noise?  What I am getting at, is is the noise you are hearing a simulated noise from SimA? like what Project magenta would give you if the  "aircraft not configured for takeoff error" when advancing the throttles without flaps set?

Or is this a computer beeping for some other reason?

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

Hi Trev, No is a beep beep beep, all the time, engines off, or on, flying or not, at the gate, I mean all the time, is annoying allready.

Sam Llorca

Is coming from sim-a sound file.

Trevor Hale

Ok, beep beep beep LOL  Maybe make a video with your cellphone or something so we can hear it and tell you what it might be?  So it happens even when the Batt is off?
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Jetcos

Open the Sim-A Sound Module and see what sound is playing. Then we can figure out what why you hear it.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Sam Llorca

Sorry, I'm out spreading fertilizer today, I will post a video as soon as I get back tonite, thanks to all of your reply.

Jetcos

That is a new excuse...  :)

Just open the Sound Module and read what sound is playing. No need for a video.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Trevor Hale

Bet you haven't heard that one before LOL.
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Maurice

There really isn't that much need to spread fertilizer in this forum  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Sam Llorca

Hi Trev, Steve, this is what I'm talking about, it seems like is either evac or electric, can't upload the video but this is a picture of the Sim-A sound module, is there a switch to cancel it?

Sam Llorca

What's your problem Maurice? All I want it to explain is that I was spreading fertilizer that I couldn't answer right away, is my job, honest job, and your helpless opinion isn't needed, if you have nothing good to say, keep your thoughts to yourself.

fordgt40

Quote from: Maurice on November 13, 2012, 07:58:29 AM
There really isn't that much need to spread fertilizer in this forum  ;D

Maurice

Sam

I read it as a joke ie there was no need for fertiliser to encourage growth/comments etc on this forum  :(

David

Garys

Hi Sam,

I think you missed Mau's joke, but I hope you get this sorted. Very Happy to hear that you have your sim up and running again.

Gary

Sam Llorca

Yea maybe I did, hope he can explain it to me, Thank you Garys

Maurice

Sam,

I would think that after meeting me at the FDS open house you would know better than think my comment was meant to be hurtful in any way (especially about your job), but I guess I was wrong. Since you are not able to differentiate between a joke and an insult, I'll make sure I refrain from making any comments to your posts in the future.

Maurice

XOrionFE

Quote from: Sam Llorca on November 13, 2012, 12:10:45 PM
Hi Trev, Steve, this is what I'm talking about, it seems like is either evac or electric, can't upload the video but this is a picture of the Sim-A sound module, is there a switch to cancel it?

Hello Sam,

If you go into the sim avionics folder on your drive and go into the sounds folder you will see all of the various .wav files.  You can click on them to hear what each sounds like and when you locate the offending sound you can simply rename the file extension to something else like .sav so it will be unable to play anymore.    The next step will be to figure out why it is triggering in the first place but at least you can stop it from ruining your day for the moment.

Oh, and Maurice is the forum comedian and always joking and a great guy to boot....trust me when I say he meant nothing negative with what he said.    You should go back and read some of his comedic diatribes in other posts.   I am often left in stitches on some of his posts and most are relating the comic tragedy of all of his simulator building woes....

Sam Llorca

So sorry Maurice, Honestly I misundertood your comment, or joke, I apologize to you for my fast reaction, Hope you can forgive me, I do have a lot of respect for you, Thank you.

Sam Llorca

Thank you so much Scott, I will look for it on the sound folder, like I said is showing EVAC sound and ELECTRIC sound at the same time, but my generators are ok, the battery is full, I switch between GEN power and APU power and still beeps, I tried GROUND power, nothing,  Thank you for your help you'll know tomorrow, I think is going to be a long nite, can't go to sleep thinking that still beeping. 

Sam Llorca

Good news Scott, I found it!!! that beeping was recognizable between all files, it was so stock in mi head for 3 days, man, what a relief!! That's what this forum is all about, help between us, Thank you!!

XOrionFE

Good news Sam.  Glad to be of help.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: Sam Llorca on November 13, 2012, 02:38:06 PM
So sorry Maurice, Honestly I misundertood your comment, or joke, I apologize to you for my fast reaction, Hope you can forgive me, I do have a lot of respect for you, Thank you.

No worries Sam. I don't take myself too seriously and neither should you. :)

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate