Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
167 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 161
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 167
Total: 168

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Two days in Simbuilder's Heaven.

Started by jackpilot, April 06, 2010, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Lucky me, I live only 4.5 driving hours away from Toronto, Ont.
Actually, the luck  has more to do with the fact that Toronto is home to FDS production facilities!
I had to pick up the new brackets for my 737 Liners as well as a Glareshield set and few other goodies. Much more fun than having them shipped.
Touring FDS facilities has always been a treat and this  time was no exception.
From the Computer Design section to the Shipping area, all production units work quietly to create all the incredible parts most of us  dream of, put them together, and build very serious DSTDs and PnP Sections, as you can see in the following pictures.
Peter and Steve Cos kindly showed me the impressive new MCP/EFIS with speed and alt intervention, bank angle, all metal knobs, solenoid AT Toggle and ..the new amazingly professional FDS-EM1 switches .
I was shown prototypes of upcoming products, including the all new CDU.Be ready to drool Guys! New features never seen before and best of all, Peter intends to keep the price at the same level than the previous version if we, builders, support the product. Considering the features, it could be a steal!
FDS works a lot at the pro level, and it shows on the products quality, as these clients are extremely demanding. At the end we benefit from it because when   produced in some quantities, the products are still accessible pricewise considering their Q. level and features .
While in Toronto, I was also kindly invited by ACE to check out their new Pro Yokes , see how well they are built and experience "first hand" the feel of it.. Check the picture where you see 6 boxes which were just shipping to happy customers in Europe. I ordered one, of course.

Here are a few pictures with comments........

The new MCP/EFIS . Tactile feel as never before! lots of new functions.

777 overhead being interfaced..

You can see here an all aluminum plateform for a 777 with the linked yokes being installed, and the paint booth at the far back.

Better view of the "Paintshop"

Some Rudder pedals just casted.

One CNC in full swing..

Back end of of a 737DSTD all interfaced and ready to lit up!
I bought 3 of these handy adjustable monitor holders, 

737 Christmas tree lit up, MCP not in yet.

MCP EFIS are in. I "played" with that one, the feel and look of the new MCP are top notch, first time I could adjust the Bank angle..impressive (4 me at least!)

And the busy Shipping dept.  where everything is very carefully packed

This was taken at ACE's. Nice crates for six happy European customers.
Wanted to take one but was not possible...had to order!

Here is the ACE Yoke Clipboard, outstanding quality, the little yellow tab moves and clicks exactly like the real thing and the unit could be swapped on a real new 737 without anyone knowing!!

A BIG THANK YOU TO PETER ANS STEVE AT FDS FOR THEIR USUAL HOSPITALITY
AND TO ALI AT ACE YOKES FOR HIS KINDNESS.

Some more detailed pics:

Jack

XOrionFE

Awesome little tour Jack!  What a treat.   Saving my dollars for one of the new CDUs for sure.....

I can't wait to get my recent order from FDS.  It will definitely be one of the crown jewels of my build...

I will probably just end up sitting and staring at it for days.....

Thanks again for sharing
Scott

Aerosim Solutions

Lucky you Jack,
I also contacted Peter Cos a couple of months ago about purchasing two FMCs for my B737 and he said it would be worth my while to wait for his "new FMC product". I anxiously wait it's arrival with cheque book in hand! Thanks for the great pics...
Gwyn
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Trevor Hale

Great Stuff Jack,

Glad to Hear you had a good visit with the Team at FDS and Ace..  All a bunch of great guys making this hobby of ours a reality..  (How about those yokes?) LOL

Anyway, Turns out I am in about 40 Minutes this side of Montreal tonight got a little job to do then Drive home tomorrow..  I will be sure to wave :)

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Jetcos

Many thanks Jack from the FDS team on your report.

Jack makes his yearly trips to our shop and we enjoy his enthusiasm as he wonders around looking (peeking) at everything we are up to. Many products have been improved and Jack can attest to the continuing  transition of FDS products.

I can add that Pete is talking about an Open House in possibly June so stay tuned for that announcement. See what we are up to and meet some of your fellow builders.

Thanks again Jack and let me know when you are coming to the shop, you are always welcome to visit.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Trevor Hale

Thanks Steve,

It really is great to see you guys take such an open approach to this hobby.  Many of us would feel like little kids peeking at everything you guys have on the horizon.  Please keep up the great work, and let us know if the "June" Open house is finalized.

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate