Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
460 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 460
Total: 460

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Setup questions

Started by Bob Reed, June 16, 2012, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Ok as stated in another post all setup and working. Now, my scenery is very "jittery" if you are sitting still with power off the scenery seems to jump around a little. Looks like the tweaking is the hard part. This is a PC install, quad core 4gigs of ram GTS450 1gb video card on Win7 64 bit. Pointers?

XOrionFE

Weather is a killer.   Haven't fleshed out all the optimal settings yet.

737SimGuy

Bob,
If this is an I5 Intel then you are not going to get great rates with stuff turned up in XP10. HDR rendering takes a lot of horsepower so turn that off. The lights still look great without it, it's just that the cars and stuff will not dynamically light the telephone poles as they go by ;-) Clouds will kill a GTS450. Lower visibility is the easiest way to improve smoothness. The road traffic takes quite a bit of power also, supposedly that is optimized in the 10.10 update due anytime.

I recommend an I7 with as many cores as you can afford!

The latest release is 10.5r1. Version 10.10 due anytime.

James

Bob Reed

My issues are not in flight. It is when I am sitting still on the ground. James thanks for the heads up but I never turned HDR on and I am pretty happy with what I have at KSEA(I think, the  stock one with buildings I am at work) I am getting 23 28 frames the way I have things setup on take off. My system is a quad core 3.0ghz, 4gbs DDR2 Win7 64bit and a Nvidia GTS450 with 1gb of ram. The real bottle neck in the system right now appears to be the hard drive.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate