Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
115 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WF17 Schedule

Started by dougsnow, September 02, 2017, 10:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

Due to the circumstances this year I plan to fly several of the WF route segments in my home sim.  Anyone near Williamsburg VA is welcome to accompany me.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

dougsnow

FredK

I'm going to be in Ottawa for an NavCanada Ops Conference the week prior, and Nov 3 was a travel day for me. Original plan was in one fell swoop to fly YOW-MEM-HNL-SYD, but the jet lag when I get there is painful, and coming back even worse. So, if you're still open I could fly into RIC and get a car if you're open to flying some legs. 

FredK

Hi Doug (and everyone else),

My Sim will be available for flight time from Monday morning the 6th onwards.  Daytime and early evening segments only.

My wife and I will be in West Palm Beach FL the week prior and will be returning on the weekend is the reason why.  We had originally planned that week to be conjunctive with WF the following week in Sarasota.

Again, all are welcome.  However please understand that my "hangout" space is nowhere near the setup that Sam had, being that my sim is located in the basement of my house.  So the "party time" ambiance will be somewhat limited in that regard.  If there are several of us I can make a suggestion for a nearby hotel where all can gather and be together.

BTW.....Both Mike and Kyle can vouch for the "air worthiness" of my sim as they both have flown it on occasion.  It is in keeping with what the WF USA team has come to expect.

Just let me know the days you can make it and I will arrange a schedule.

Would love to see the entire crew!

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Trevor Hale

Thanks Fred,

Good Luck with your flights.  I will be posting an announcement soon.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Caflyt

Fred,
Maybe you could stop by my place in Boca Raton while you are in WPB.
Sim is still in "assembly" mode but would love for you to see the progress.

And please....EVERYONE pray for Sam and his family as Irma moves through, he will surely get a lot of water which he simply DOESNT NEED right now. We are getting it here in SE Florida but it will be worse on the west coast.

Craig

FredK

Craig

I will definitely want to stop by your place.   Will keep in touch on that.

And very hopefully you guys in FL will dodge a couple of bullets re the hurricanes

Fred K

dougsnow

Fred

If you're interested to fly a few legs, I am too.  Looking at our schedule I can get into RIC on us sunday afternoon - and stay as long as you intend on flying as I have VAC the entire week, I'll get a car.

I leave tonite for my annual ops ride, this year to MEM-NRT-SGN-DEL-CAN-HKG-MEM, 46 flight hours to meet a 5 hour annual requirement :) and I'll be back in the states on the 9th of October.

FredK

Hi Doug

So far you are the only taker from our official WF crew.  However I have a couple of commercial pilot friends here who will also be flying.

Again,  my sim will be available from Monday morning on.  So let me know the particular flight segments you are interested in.  I will create a semblance of a schedule.

This is a firm commitment so go ahead and plan your travel.

Bump......Any others interested?  Just let me know.

Fred K

dougsnow

Konichiwa from Tokyo!

Fred

My bid would be:

06NOV PAJN-CYYC 1250Z-1535Z
06NOV CYYC-KSLC 1625Z-1830Z
06NOV KSLC-KSAN 1920Z-2110Z
06NOV KSAN-KAUS 2200Z-0050Z
-
07NOV SKBO-SPZO 1100Z-1420Z
07NOV SPZO-SLLP 1500Z-1625Z
07NOV SLLP-SBUA 1715Z-2015Z
-
08NOV KJFK-CYYR 1315Z-1555Z
08NOV CYYR-BGSF 1645Z-1925Z
08NOV BGSF-BIKF 2005Z-2215Z

If we were at Sam's, I'd also bid to sling the gear for the legs into/out of VQPR because the approaches there look fun, but those are at Midnight US time.  Any legs you want to fly that I didnt list, I am more than avail for any leg that week, and I'll fly with anyone.

FredK

Konichiwa Doug-San...

At this point assume that you will be flying those legs with me or someone else.....unless we have a torrent of last minute takers.

I am in California right now.....will be back on Friday and will plan to schedule in my local pilot friends then.

Regards,
Fred

sagrada737

Hi Fred,

I applaud your willingness to host a WorldFlight get-together at your home with your wonderful 737 Sim.  Count me in to be part of the flight crew for your Sim's part in WF2017.   It may also be that my son Collin can join me to add to the flight crew.   He is just finishing up his ATP ratings and CFII ratings.  He has flown my 737 Sim and should be an asset to the team. 

My tentative plan would be to be at your home for last part of the week, perhaps from the 8th to the 11th.  In any case, I'll let you know when I am able to finalize travel plans.

Looking forward to having some form of WF this year.   Thanks again for making it happen, and keep me posted on any new details.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Vincent T.

Hi Fred,

With the turn of events, I hate not to be in FL and spend the week there. I moved further up north and now in Pittsburgh :)

I do plan to be at Fred's place from 8th to 11th. I am yet to finalize my trip and I look forward to seeing some of you folks. I can do any flight on any days, no preference for flights.

Regards,
Vincent

FredK

Bump....

We still have room for one more.......

For the "unofficial" WF17 event at my place we now have 6 confirmed team members plus 1 possible.

We are planning to do 25 flight segments....Monday through Friday, 08:00-24:00 only. 

Schedule of flights is attached.

.....been working on tweaks and improvements for the sim this past week getting her ready!

Fred K

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate