Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:29:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Delta 209

Started by Bob Reed, November 09, 2017, 10:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Looks like Delta 209 is about to go for her shakedown flight after a massive rebuild and referb.

Bob Reed

Delta 209 is in the air!!

Garys

Congrats guys.. Great to see you guys in the air.

Trevor Hale

Thanks Gary. It was 6.5 solid days of work from 8:30am to 10:30-midnight everyday. Worth every bit of it though.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Marco ERJ

Congrats, guys!

Perhaps more impressive than the rebuild itself is the fact that the group just refused to accept misfortune as sentence, and pulled together to rebuild as a team instead of simply withdrawing from the event. So - a special congratulations to you all for the drive, and a huge round of applause for sticking to the cause and showcasing the "can do, will do" attitude that is at the core of every sim builder!

Cheers, and here's to all of you!

Marco

blueskydriver

Hey Trev,

Are you saving the videos for later playback on YouTube?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

I believe YouTube saves them on our channel. However I am afraid the cameras were not cooperating very well for the stream for some reason. So we could only view one camera at a time and they really didn't show much as the interfaces and cables are all on the outside of the sim. I am sure there is a few not polite words that were said accidentally but may not be anything really useful on the streams.

A good memory regardless though.
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

Hello Guys!

Is great to see how good friends and team members get together to help when someone is in need and it shows in every way type and form on this event,But I have to personally thank Kyle H. and Trevor H. for showing up to help me with the reconstruction of our Sim, As you all know our Sim was completely destroyed by a flash flood submerging the lower section for three days destroying all the computer system , hubs, etc, two weeks after disaster strikes again with hurricane Irma, it has been 6 days of long hours and late nights in order to bring all systems back, last night we were able to do our first flight for WorldFlight 2017.

Guys I don't have the words to describe how grateful I feel to have friends that don't mind taking the time, spend their money, and miss three quarters of this magnificent event to help out.

Another proof of friends helping friends not only in good times but in bad times too.

Best Regards,
Sam and family.

iwik

Well done guys. That what i like to see in this hobby. True genuine friends who go out of
their way to help others.
Sam: I hope you dont have to go through enough event like this, so demoralizing.

jackpilot

Congrats Guys, well done.
Impressive doing so much in so little time
I followed the action from Europe, (back home now.)

Happy well deserved flights.
Jack
;)

Jack

FredK

Simply wonderful all around!

Excellent job!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

blueskydriver

Hi Sam,

Great to hear everything is back online for you...

Ironically, this is the first true example of the "what if" something happens to my simulator does my insurance cover it? Thus, Sam did you have insurance on yours, if so was it just home owners or did you takeout extra coverage? Did you file 1, 2 or no claims at all? Was it covered for flood damage?
Please tell us what you went through, if you did file a claim(s).

I ask because back a year or two ago this was a big conversation piece for a lot of us, and it mainly came down to some builders will look to their homeowners coverage, whereas others have taken out extra coverage for their simulator, and then there are the few who have the "hope and pray" coverage...as in, I can only hope and pray nothing happens...lol  :D

My advice is to see your simulator like a new vehicle that requires full coverage insurance from bumper to bumper...uh, that's nose to cockpit door...don't forget the flood coverage :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sam Llorca

Thank you guys! I appreciate your comments!

Cheers!

John: I did have homeowner insurance and flood insurance, I submitted the claim and I'm currently waiting on approval, insurance company on this cases can take a long time, according to the adjuster, If you flip your house upside down whatever it fall to the ceiling is considered personal items and can be claimed in this case it includes the simulator, on the motion platform it needs to be inspected and adjusted separately.

RayS

Speaking of insurance, I'm going round and round with my agent because he doesn't know 'how' to insure it.

I offered that it's a 'Work of Art', but he wasn't sure about that.... (I also offered that if a painting of a soup can is considered a work of art, then the sim isn't that much of a stretch but he still had reservations.)

Any suggestions from the group?

Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

My suggestion is you add a "rider" similar to that you would do for your wife's Jewlery should she have any. "Special" items likely those which are irreplaceable. Basically you give them the appraised value and they will insure you up to that amount in a total loss situation.

In Canada you get asked questions like "do you own any unusual items we should know about?" This covers the insurance company from an unexpected loss charged to them. Gives them an out. Best thing to do is have them list it as an unusual item on your policy so that in the event of a loss they can't say they didn't know about it and you would still be covered under the blanket policy.

Anyway this belongs in its own thread.  But congrats to everyone for helping to make this years Worldflight the success it was even with the challenges.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hi Trev,

Sorry for the hijacking, will you please move the parts from my post and afterwards, to another thread?

Thank you,

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate