Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Garman and MSFS2020 and RealSim issues

Started by navymustang, October 25, 2021, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

I'm hearing rumors that Microsoft is looking at copyright violations with RealSim Gear (or any Garmin look alike) with regards to MSFS2020.

That is, it seems someone at Microsoft is questioning if Garmin has authorized RealSim Gear (and other similar folks) to build one for one look alike systems.

Anyone else see anything on this? What a blow to the sim industry if all of the sudden we no longer can simulate Garmin equipment in our cockpits.

Hope I'm wrong.

Just a quick story - I needed to emulate a Garmin device in a commercial cockpit about 3 years ago. In order to do that I had to buy a real Garmin device, then have an "authorized" vendor here in Orlando modify it so I could communicate with it from P3D. You won't believe how much it cost us to do that.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

oh I do :-)    thats why no Garmin going in my new build which meant have to change to an entire different layout

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate