Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
106 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

SymSinc/TrafficSynch and boat traffic

Started by navymustang, February 22, 2022, 12:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

My helo sim has a main visual (host) computer and three client computers, all running P3D v5. I am using SimSync and TrafficSynch to update the clients (each drive their own large screen TV).
I have an aircraft carrier object on all PCs. On the host I have a scenario with that aircraft carrier and my helo on deck. However, TrafficSynch doesn't put the carrier where it is on the host. Does TrafficSynch handle boats?

Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

Hmmm...I didn't know that SimSync even worked with P3Dv5.

Regarding boats...I don't know.  I would doubt it. I will check if it works with P3Dv4.5, but that will be a few days. I am working on my TQ rehab project right now and things are sort of blown apart.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

navymustang

Fred, thanks for the reply. Yes - SymSynch is working perfect with v5.
I'm thinking that any object that is in the scenario generated by SimDirector is not controllable via standard SimConnect commands as with SimSynch.

So it looks like if I want to have a mission designed and coded in SimDirector, I may need to switch over to using P3D's native SimConnect protocols to drive client computers.

I'll start investigating that in a few days.

The reason I'm going down this track is I need to have "targets" in my scenario that include ships and submarines and I need to be able to control their course and speed (and depth).

Along this path - does anyone know how to stop the animation at airports that some companies provide. For example - ORBX - each of their airports have people and service vehicles they animate outside of P3D menu driven traffic. It looks great on a single computer but if you have multiple computers driving your displays, there is no way to synch those avatars or ground service vehicles.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Jason L

Some of the developers have a option to turn that off.  I know ORBX, if you go into their central app you can select the airport and it'll let you configure a bunch of features and on some it is to turn off certain animations.
FlyTampa and a few others do the same.  Its outside of the sim and in their configurator tools.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate