Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
45 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 45
Total: 46

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX Below glideslope light

Started by dc8flightdeck, January 08, 2014, 09:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc8flightdeck

I want to interface the 737-200 below glideslope lights with SIOC and the USB outputs card. Im looking for some reference script. Has anyone here done this? 

My thought was to use Offset $2AB0, Length 4  NAV1 glideslope needle (GSI), 32-bit float value, –127.0 up to +127.0 down

Im not sure how to do the math for a 32bit float in SIOC.

Thanks!
Justin

Sean

Quote from: dc8flightdeck on January 08, 2014, 09:42:12 AMIm not sure how to do the math for a 32bit float in SIOC.

You and me both!  :-\

fordgt40

Justin

Define the offset with a length argument of 4. Then try coding SIOC to test whether the actual position of the plane is outside your "parameter", if so, then turn on the light. Remember to turn off the light when the plane is on track

Give it a try!

David

dc8flightdeck

Thanks David, but I would have to see an example.

Here is another glideslope  offset,
0C49 1 NAV1 Glideslope Needle: –119 up to +119 down

fordgt40

Justin

I was going through my library of sioc scripts and came across one for the MIP, which included the Glideslope code.
I have extracted the relevant bits, so here it is. Thanks to whoever coded this initially - my file does not say who  :(

David

Var 0021, name Glideslope, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $0C49, Length 1 // Glideslope
{
C0 = &Glideslope < 172 // Below Glideslope
C1 = &AP_Active = 1 // AP Active
IF C0 AND C1 // Below GLideslope
{
&Glideslope_CPT = 1 // Illuminate Captains Glideslope LED
&Glideslope_FO = 1 // Illuminate FOs Glideslope LED
}
}

Var 0022, name Glideslope_CPT, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 27 // Captains Glideslope LED

Var 0023, name Glideslope_FO, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 2 // FOs Glide Slope LED

Var 0024, name AP_Active, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $6228, Length 1 // Autopilot on

dc8flightdeck

Thanks!

As soon as I get the fire handle unit installed Ill try this out.

Justin

stephenbalmer

Hi Guys,

Really good to see the collaborative approach to problem solving in action here!!

As a brief aside, can I take a moment just to ask for confirmation of my understanding. The offsets which are spoken about are the hex addressed positions within a message packet which is exchanged back on forth between FSX / FS9 and FSUIPC reading variables and controlling functions. Is that correct and are these message packets and offsets governed by FSX / FS9?

Further to that, is there a good reliable download of the offset list for FSX and FS9?

Many thanks,

Steve

fordgt40

Stephen

The FSUIPC programme continually extracts and updates all the key data from FS9 and FSX and presents it as a list of Offsets which can be accessed by other programmes to read or write info to and from Flight Sim. Not certain how this happens, but in the case of SIOC there are inbuilt functions to achieve this

These offsets are fully documented in the FSUIPC programme package documentation. Google FSUIPC and you will find Schiratti`s site which hosts FSUIPC. You can download FSUIPC and use it without registering/paying but some functions are disabled

David

stephenbalmer

Thanks David, that makes perfect sense. The offsets are then governed by FSUIPC and therefore should be standard no matter what external software is in use - SIOC, ProSim etc.

Steve.

fordgt40

Correct, if they are FSUIPC offsets

David

dc8flightdeck

The GS lights are working! My edits are included below. I wanted them to work when flying manually with no AP engaged and to have a slight tolerence to be slightly under the GS when flying manually.

I believe I need a GS audio file  in conjunction with the light. I have no clue what the 737 GS warning audio sounds like.

Justin

Var 0112, name Glideslope1, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $0C49, Length 1 // Glideslope
{
IF &Glideslope1 >= 169 // Below Glideslope

{
&Glideslope = 1 // Illuminate Glideslope Light
    }
    ELSE
    {
      &Glideslope1 = 0
}
}

Var 0113, name Glideslope, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 40 // Glideslope light

Like the Website ?