Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
745 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 745
Total: 746

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Version 2 737-800 Pit - Progress Thread

Started by Benja, June 21, 2011, 03:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benja

Ok, so after trolling around on this forum for a long time, it's finally time for me to contribute.

Version 1 of my pit was quite basic as you can see below. Then my son and stepson started to get interested in flying with me, so i broke down the old pit and started the buying frenzy, much to my fiancees disgust!!

I bought a MIP kit from Poldragonet, although the actual MIP panels are kind of useless, as they are in 3 pieces and i just couldn't figure out how to join them together. I already had the CPFlight MCP, Efis, Transponder, 1 Com radio and 2 Nav radios. I bought a second hand Efis from John on this site, so that makes the glare complete. I bought the famous new FDS CDU and their Master Caution/Sixpacks for both sides.

I tried to figure out how to build my MIP from all the sources on the net, but just wasn't able to visualise it all, so bought a second hand technical drawing board to design everything, instead of designing it in wood and paying for my mistakes. I have created drawings for the Poldragonet panels, CPFlight and FDS hardware.

I will post pictures of my progress as i have time.

Thanks

Regards
Ben

Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

Benja

Ok, so here is the MDF panel i made to replace the Poldragonet MIP kit.

Benja

And here are all the Poldragonet panels being test fitted to see if any adjustments are needed.

Yep, i need to adjust the AFDS holes and the Autobrake panel hole as well.

Otherwise, they all fitted surprisingly well.

Next to build is the supporting structure.

More to come.....

727737Nut

737 Junkie

Benja

Ok, so I am pretty bad at taking progress photos as I just get the building bug and can't stop.

Here's where I am now and it is finally flyable after a year!

Things left to do are to install my replacement OC flaps gauge when it arrives (as the first one was defective), reduce the size of the red lever on the gear assembly (as it is too long and stops me putting the gear down), install dummy yaw damper & brakes pressure gauge, paint part if the MIP black under the glarewings, add stickers and lastly install my throttletek throttle when it arrives in late November/early December.

I made the switch to prosim737 from PM and it was so easy to setup and works much better than PM in my opinion.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate