Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 05:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
730 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 730
Total: 730

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS CAB/Elec Panel (737) wiring ?

Started by blueskydriver, January 07, 2012, 11:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey,

Does someone have the FDS Cab/Elec Panel Kit installed in their Overhead and if so, can you answer this question.

If you have your Elec Panel Annunicators previously wired to a Sys Card and you follow the instructions, you just unplug them as they're no longer needed. Then, you have the wire harness that comes with the Elec Panel and it connects from J12 on the Elec Panel Card to the three annunicators (Batt Discharge, TR Unit and ELEC), so do you still tie back into the Sys card for any reason?

The way I read it, you tie back in for the black ground wire of the previous annunicators. I just cannot understand the instructions, so can you tell me if that is the case and if so, explain the wire connections a little better?

I emailed Steve but he might not be in today (being at Saturday) and I am sitting here with the Overhead hanging down trying to finisht this last step, and then it'll be back to flying it again. So, this is something I want to get done as soon as possible...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

I have it installed.

It does not have any wires going to a separate SYS card.  It is self contained.

Scott

blueskydriver

Scott,

Thank you for answering this. The problem I have now is the 3 Annunicator Leds are not lighting up at all. When I do a Identify in the Elec Panel Card (in InterfaceIT) I get nothing for test flashes on the three annunicators.

I am pretty sure I plugged them in correctly as they were labeled as to where they plug in and the plugs are standard FDS led plugs. I also checked one plug with a meter and nothing. I have not checked the J12 yet with the meter.

Otherwise, the Batt (AC/DC) digits are working correctly, so I don't think the card is bad...

Do you think there is anything I am missing?

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Hmmm, not sure.  I just plugged mine in according to the jumper numbers also.   Did you load the Elec-Cab .XML?  Here is one of my pictures
Wiring

I will PM my number

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate