Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
739 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 744
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 739
Total: 739

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Rudder and Tiller axis calibration

Started by barrykensett, November 05, 2012, 07:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrykensett

Hi guys
I have progressively added rudder and brake axes to my sim and I have increasing calibration problems. Just looking back to joysticks, I have two and they give no trouble once set up.
With a single rudder, brakes and tiller setup again no problems but when I added the second tiller I always had to make sure to fully cycle both tillers to centralise them, not too much pain. Now I have added a second rudder pedal set and the problems get bigger. I have to cycle both rudders and tillers to get them to centre, however if I split the rudders and tillers in FSUIPC the rudders do not function on the ground and so do not centre. Similar with the brakes, I have to cycle them to make sure they are off when released otherwise they tend to have some application which takes off the parking brake and I cannot start the engines. So again I need to cycle them all using a stick to reach the other side and can get going.
Now the real problem, however diligent I am with the centreing and checking in FSUIPC, the tiller seems to get spurious inputs or something which mean when I am taxying it tends to wander about.
Has anyone else any experience here?
Barry
www.a320sim.com

rhysb

Barry, do you setup all your flight controls via fsuipc?
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

jackpilot

I suppose you deleted automatic joystick (rudder/tiller/) assignements in FS ?

Jack

tennyson

Not sure if this will help, but ian Sisson's site has a very good explanation about tillers and calibration. Might be worth a look:

http://737ng.co.uk/technical.htm

There is a wealth of info over there, especially in the download section.

Frank Cooper

barrykensett

Thanks for the replies.
Yes all controls set up through FSUIPC
Joysticks de-selected in FS, no auto rudders selected.
Will check out Ian Sissons comments.
Thanks again.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate