Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:06:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
716 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 716
Total: 716

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Visit to Scott's Place and to not see anything!

Started by blueskydriver, January 27, 2013, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Well, before everyone starts rotfl, let me start by saying it was for a good cause!

Okay, yesterday (Saturday) Simlady/Karen and I drove to see Scott's 3 Screen LCD TV's and to pickup some other non-sim related items; however, Scott got sick (flu like) on Wednesday...SO, Karen says this, "I am going with you and you're going to stay in the van, as well as wear a mask and gloves just in case. I do not want you to get sick period. If you think you're getting out of the van, then you WILL NOT go at all and I'll go by myself to Scott's place!".

Now, you might think she is being strick and mean for a wife, who is into Sims like all of us, but she's not being mean at all. Here's why:

1. She got sick (flu) 10 days ago at work and since I am parnoid to get sick, we literally did not hug, kiss, touch or be in the same room together, and I even wore a mask and gloves anytime she was at home.

2. Due to my parinoid behavior, I go around wiping everything down with alcohol pads, even the toilet seat, if she used it! Which makes her really "Feel the Love" from me. Don't laugh, there's more...

3. Since I avoided her like I always do when she's sick, just as much as I do my daughter (in college now) and my other family members, Karen added Scott to that list or sick list.

4. Now, for the main reasons why I or she does this. My immune system is not the best, it is already really low from dealing with my normal health issue, as well as I have Asthma. So, if I get a cold, flu, stomach ache or whatever, it takes me three times as long to recover, AND I AM A BIG BABY when I get sick!

Therefore, Scott now knows all this first hand from Karen and sadly, he has only seen me with the mask, gloves, dark sunglasses on and from inside my van. Even though I really wanted too get out and see his sim so much, Karen told Scott that if I did, he would have to take off work and come stay with us for three weeks to take care of my whining, crying and sickly baby butt...

Scott said "Bye John!"...I don't blame him...I would've done the same thing knowing how much of a big baby I can be. Yes, I admit it, like a lot of guys who will not, you all know men are babies when we get sick. Some are just better at hiding it than others...lol.

Finally, all was not a totally loss, Karen got to see Scott's sim in person and I got a short video she shot for me because I did stay the van. I don't know if I should be happy or sad with that one? Also, I got too meet Mike, the new member from New Mexico who was visiting Scott the same day. I just hope he doesn't get sick...?

Best Regards and lets all hope Scott gets better real soon,

John, aka not sick Blueskydriver  :huh:
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Haha,

It was pretty funny seeing you behind that mask and gloves but great to meet you and Karen in person finally just the same.    No, I don't have a flu but rather just a good cold but actually much better today and I think about over it.   I wish you could have come in and stayed a while.  Mike and I had a great time which I am sure he will recap if he feels like it.   Hopefully you can do another road trip soon and stay longer when I am not spreading cold germs.   For that matter, I hope to make a road trip to your place to see your some one of these days soon.   We live in a great area with lots of simmers nearby and only a quick flight to Toronto to visit FDS.

Scott

Kennair

Lol, that's a good story John, you should write for Readers Digest, I'm sure it would make a good addition to the "Mere Male" section.  :D  My fiancee will put up with ONE day of male sickness but beyond that I'm on my own!  Needless to say I don't get sick too often.  I applaud your open honesty with your dilemma.  What a damn shame though to miss Scott's sim and the X-Plane experience!  Lucky Karen was there to pass it on.  You'll just have to make another trip.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Maurice

John,

Sounds to me like you are ready for a bubble if you can't overcome your germs paranoia. Perhaps a variation of this one below adapted to a wheelchair might work and with your ingenuity, making one should be a snap for you :)

I am now more & more convinced that Karen is a Saint for putting up with your insane real cockpit addiction and for your need for so much TLC when you get sick.  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Boeing Skunk Works

I would have thought it was Michael Jackson back from the grave...  :o
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

jackpilot

Hey, there "Hughes" to be another one like that!!!
:D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate