Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:36:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
732 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 732
Total: 732

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Radar Contact with Multi Crew Experience................?

Started by brianwilliamson, June 30, 2013, 10:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianwilliamson

Any builders here that have tried Radar Contact with Multi Crew Experience ?
I have used Radar contact for some time now but have not used any ATC for awhile as I have been busy getting all the bits of problems ironed out.

Radar contact seems to do a reasonably good job, so am wondering if the addition of MCE is worth the effort or is there any other programs that would be useful for a Flight Sim ?

Cheers...............Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

tennyson

Hi Brian.
I was running RC with FS2Crew, if that's what you mean?

I changed my ATC to ProATCX a while back and haven't looked back. It's way better than RC and has an update coming with speech recognition.

The set-up is a bit clunky and it's made with European voice sets, but can be adapted to suit Australian conditions (I only fly Australian routes).

Hope this helps,

Frank Cooper

brianwilliamson

Thank you Frank. I will check Pro ATCX to see what it does. I mainly was looking at using Multi Crew Experience for the voice recognition to control Radar Contact rather then pressing buttons.
It is always hard to figure what some of these programs are like unless someone has tried them, as I said my main interest was to use voice recognition for ATC.

Cheers.............Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim

tennyson

Brian,
There's also another prog called VOXATC.

I downloaded a free trial a week ago, but haven't been able to test it yet. Not sure if it supports muti-crew, but it is voice activated.

My reluctance to trial it came from the fact that their website is, in my opinion, very old and outdated. The promo video they use to sell this product looks like it was made by a novice.

If I'm putting software in my sim, I want to know it's been made by professionals...

Frank Cooper

brianwilliamson

Frank, I tried VOXATC some years ago, but was not all that impressed with it. I suspect what you say is correct, as it would seem that it has not been upgraded or gone any further.

Pro ATCX looks as though it could be useable from all that I just saw on their site, as long as it gets voice recognition. My main issue with Multi Crew Experience was to see how well it would work with Radar Contact.
Hopefully some of the crew that watch this site may have some first hand knowledge on this.

Frank, I notice you are in Brissie. What sim have you put together ?

Cheers...........Brian W.

Kennair

Brian I gave MCE a go some years ago but never really persevered with it, not so much out of frustration but lack of time.  My intention was to use it with Radar Contact also as I felt RC offered the best IFR ATC experience without going online.  I do remember reading somewhere on the web people demonstrating the use of MCE and perhaps a youtube clip or two, can't remember where though.  I'm sure you've scoured the web for this?  The theory is sound though, as long as MCE can recognise and respond to your voice then it should be able to operate RC.  I downloaded the software and started voice training for it but left it at that.  Would be keen to give it another go however once my sim is operational again.

Good luck,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

KyleH

I did not have a lot of time with MCE with Radar Contact before I disassembled my sim to move it, but it did seem to work reasonably well considering I didn't really have much time voice training it.
Key things to remember with any voice recognition software is a good quality noise canceling microphone and to train lots. Also Windows 7 works better than Windows XP for voice. 
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

brianwilliamson

Thank you Ken and Kyle for that info.
I think for IFR airline type flying that RC is as good as it gets at this particular time. I also think and from what you chaps have said, that MCE is equally up to the task for talking to RC. It always helps with info from others, especially when we do not get anyone saying " No..... do not touch that with a stick !!"
Cheers................Brian W.

brianwilliamson

Well I have been trying to run MCE for the last 2 days, but unfortunately it appears to be too full of problems at this stage. I could not get it to run with FSX as it kept giving FSX a fatal fault, even after following all instructions etc., so the testing is rather limited in that regard. I was trying it out on my work computer and not on the sim, which is probably fortunate. I am using W7 Ultimate on this computer so do not know if this caused any of the problems.
Would like to see if anyone else has better luck.
Cheers............Brian W.

KyleH

That's too bad. Installed and worked just fine for me, I was using FS9 thought. Have you contacted MCE about the problems?
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate