Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
726 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 726
Total: 726

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OpenCockpits CDU with FSUIPC issues - please help

Started by bratwurstdimsum, July 20, 2013, 06:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bratwurstdimsum

Hi everyone, I normally lurk around the classifieds looking for a bargain and I certainly got one.  An OC CDU v1.00 for $400.

I have connected it up now and its running on my alienware laptop with FSX, FSUIPC, and SIOC running but for some reason the device status reads "Stopped".  (see attached)

I don't have project magenta nor do I have FDS and I'm trying to run this on a project wilco a330 add-on but all I get is my 2nd computer screen appearing on the CDU but no CDU readout.  FSUIPC does not register the CDU at all as a device (no clicks on the CDU are picked up by fsuipc)

I also am running it with the default script (magenta) as I don't have the first clue about setting a script for Wilco. 

I ran the USB check and modified the sioc.ini file as appropriate to my device number #312

Have I really missed something here?  Does OC hardware need PM or FDS as a prerequisite?  is the OC not as "plug and play" as, say Goflight hardware?

Sorry for sounding like a first class Noob - please, any help or opinions are appreciated!

Cheers,

Jeff

Bob Reed

THese devices have no software. THey are nothing more then a computer screen and keyboard. You have to have software to interface with them. So as this is an OC unit you would need to open the FMS screen in the aircraft you are using in a window, and then move that window to the FMS screen and then would need the SIOC script to run to get the keys to work on your software. The script "programs" the keys to work. Hope this helps a little. As I do not have the FMS you are using I can be of no more help then this.

bratwurstdimsum

Hi Bob, thanks for your quick reply, that certainly helps my understanding.  I just want to check though if you know whether the "device stopped" status relates to my lack of a suitable script or does it point to something else?

Bob Reed

Quote from: bratwurstdimsum on July 20, 2013, 07:21:15 AM
Hi Bob, thanks for your quick reply, that certainly helps my understanding.  I just want to check though if you know whether the "device stopped" status relates to my lack of a suitable script or does it point to something else?

I am not familiar with SIOC or OC hardware so I do not know the answer to that question. I would think you my be right, but again I am not sure.

saabpilot

It stops because you do not have a compatible program that it can talk to.

The CDU is a dumb terminal that makes it possible to access e.g. Project Magenta or ProSim737 software CDU:s through PM offsets.

It "may" be possible to use it against some other FS aircraft with CDU systems IF you load the correct SIOC script.

However you have to see in the documentation, or ask OpenCockpits support.

Bjorn

Sent via Tapatalk.
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

fordgt40

There is nothing wrong with your SIOC screen saying "stopped", it matches my own when I plug in my OC FMC.
I suggest that you load SIOC, click on IOCPCONSOLE then select "Log on". If you then can see key presses within the Log window then your key matrix would appear to be ok.

As Bjorn says you need an avionics package or FSX plane addon with CDU functionality and access to its internal commands. You then need a sioc script that is specifically written to link to the avionics package and or addon plane. There are scripts for some 737 addons eg PMDG, but I have no knowledge of Airbus. Perhaps someone else can help here.

David

bratwurstdimsum

Thanks guys.

I will try the log on later - I'm just a bit surprised as I assumed that, like my throttletek unit or my goflight MCP, FSUIPC would be able to just detect key/button presses and I would be able to begin mapping those immediately.

Any airbus help would be great :) I am in the market for a new addon sim.  Wilco airbus has just about run its course with me.

bratwurstdimsum

• Okay I changed the USB the CDU was plugged into - it is now in device #318
    I loaded SIOC, then IOCP and pressed the log on. 
    It connected but when I started typing on the CDU nothing seemed to register - I put the mouse in each field then typed to make sure but nothing happened.

fordgt40

FSUIPC will not provide you with a working CDU. You must have an avionics package eg Sim-avionics or Prosim (for 737) or an addon plane that has the cdu function AND allows access to its command structure

Your screen shot of the IOCPCONSOLE actually shows that the Log function is turned off, however, I assume that you had it turned on but no cdu key presses were displayed. I also assume that you changed your sioc.ini file to reflect the new device number of 318

I attach a 737 cdu script which should run and show the key presses in the log window. Just copy this text below, save as fmc.txt  in your SIOC directory,  and  remember to change the file entry in the sioc.ini file to match ie CONFIG_FILE=.\fmc.txt

This should prove that the cdu works ok in hardware terms

David

Var 0000, Value 0

Var 0001, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, name k, Offset $5332, Length 1 //

Var 0010, Name Exec_Status, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $5333 length 1
{
&Exec_led = &Exec_Status
}

Var 0011, Name Msg_Status, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $5334 length 1
{
&Msg_led = &Exec_Status
}

// Var 0012, Name Dspl_Status, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $5335 length 1
// {
// &Dspl_led = &Exec_Status
// }

Var 0013, Name Ofst_Status, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $5336 length 1
{
&Ofst_led = &Exec_Status
}

Var 0014, Name Fail_Status, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $5337 length 1
{
&Fail_led = &Exec_Status
}

Var 0015, Name Exec_led, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 47

Var 0016, Name Msg_led, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 44

// Var 0017, Name Dspl_led, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 45

Var 0018, Name Ofst_led, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 46

Var 0019, Name Fail_led, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 43

Var 0002, name key, Link USB_KEYS
{
if &key = 71 // menu
{
&k = 160
}
if &key = 79 // Init Ref
{
&k = 150
}
if &key = 78 // rte
{
&k = 151
}
if &key = 75 // des
{
&k = 154
}
if &key = 70 // legs
{
&k = 156
}
if &key = 67 // prog
{
&k = 159
}
if &key = 63 // n1 limit
{
&k = 155
}
if &key = 62 // fix
{
&k = 161
}
if &key = 77 // clb
{
&k = 152
}
if &key = 76 // crz
{
&k = 153
}
if &key = 69 // dep
{
&k = 157
}
if &key = 68 // hold
{
&k = 158
}
if &key = 66 // EXEC
{
&k = 13
}
if &key = 55 // Prev Pg
{
&k = 162
}
if &key = 54 // Next Pg
{
&k = 163
}
if &key = 7 // 0
{
&k = 48
}
if &key = 32 // 1
{
&k = 49
}
if &key = 31 // 2
{
&k = 50
}
if &key = 30 // 3
{
&k = 51
}
if &key = 24 // 4
{
&k = 52
}
if &key = 23 // 5
{
&k = 53
}
if &key = 22 // 6
{
&k = 54
}
if &key = 16 // 7
{
&k = 55
}
if &key = 15 // 8
{
&k = 56
}
if &key = 14 // 9
{
&k = 57
}
if &key = 8 // .
{
&k = 190
}
if &key = 2 // slash
{
&k = 191
}
if &key = 6 // plus minus
{
&k = 109
}
if &key = 3 // Delete
{
&k = 46
}
if &key = 4 // SP
{
&k = 32
}
if &key = 1 // Clr
{
&k = 253
}
if &key = 61 // A
{
&k = 65
}
if &key = 60 // B
{
&k = 66
}
if &key = 59 // C
{
&k = 67
}
if &key = 58 // D
{
&k = 68
}
if &key = 57 // E
{
&k = 69
}
if &key = 53 // F
{
&k = 70
}
if &key = 52 // G
{
&k = 71
}
if &key = 51 // H
{
&k = 72
}
if &key = 50 // I
{
&k = 73
}
if &key = 49 // J
{
&k = 74
}
if &key = 29 // K
{
&k = 75
}
if &key = 28 // L
{
&k = 76
}
if &key = 27 // M
{
&k = 77
}
if &key = 26 // N
{
&k = 78
}
if &key = 25 // O
{
&k = 79
}
if &key = 21 // P
{
&k = 80
}
if &key = 20 // Q
{
&k = 81
}
if &key = 19 // R
{
&k = 82
}
if &key = 18 // S
{
&k = 83
}
if &key = 17 // T
{
&k = 84
}
if &key = 13 // U
{
&k = 85
}
if &key = 12 // V
{
&k = 86
}
if &key = 11 // W
{
&k = 87
}
if &key = 10 // X
{
&k = 88
}
if &key = 9 // Y
{
&k = 89
}
if &key = 5 // Z
{
&k = 90
}
if &key = 56 // LSK 1L
{
&k = 112
}
if &key = 64 // LSK 2L
{
&k = 113
}
if &key = 72 // LSK 3L
{
&k = 114
}
if &key = 80 // LSK 4L
{
&k = 115
}
if &key = 88 // LSK 5L
{
&k = 116
}
if &key = 87 // LSK 6L
{
&k = 117
}

if &key = 86 // LSK 1R
{
&k = 118
}
if &key = 85 // LSK 2R
{
&k = 119
}
if &key = 84 // LSK 3R
{
&k = 120
}
if &key = 83 // LSK 4R
{
&k = 121
}
if &key = 82 // LSK 5R
{
&k = 122
}
if &key = 74 // LSK 6R
{
&k = 123
}

}

bratwurstdimsum

That worked very well thanks!  I also found that soicmonitor which is built in v4 also logs the keypresses.

I'll keep posting here about how I go as I haven't found a thread on this forum that discusses the FMC on its own.  Thanks for preventing me from putting this straight for sale again!   :idiot:

Cheers

Jeff

Phil64

Hello Jeff,

First, I'm glad you received the FMC in good condition.
For what are the software, I did work with Prosim (free version) in July 2011 and it worked perfectly with the default 737 and Posky. If you want I'll send you the version of Prosim. This has changed dramatically today, but you have to invest.
Of course we also need SIOC FSUIPC. Prosim has a script dedicated to Opencockpit in its software.
Cordially.
Phil64

bratwurstdimsum

Hi there Phil,
Yeah I got FSUIPC and SIOC up and running. Thanks to you I also located that opencockpits file in the prosim737 folder - my FMC now works!  All I have to do is find a compatible plane.  My goal is to have a 737 and an airbus operate off the same FMC.  Will attach pics later

Thanks
Jeff

bratwurstdimsum

Testing... My tapatalk won't display more than page one of this forum :(

bratwurstdimsum

Hmmm can't seem to get the standard FSX 737 to respond to the data from the FMC

I started a new thread:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=3541

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate