Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
736 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 736
Total: 736

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Sideviews in WIDEVIEW

Started by brianwilliamson, January 05, 2016, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianwilliamson

I am having some trouble with getting the side views correct with WideView .
I am running 3 computers, all same quality on 3 projectors running 1080p, and a 4th compter as the server.All W7/64 bit and

I have only just noticed this problem as I thought it had been ok, as normally I am at altitude and did not notice that the 2 side views were not covered by the same amount of trees and buildings, even though all 3 computers are set the same.

I have no add-ons during these tests, so it is only P3D 2.5.

As you can see the frame rates are ok ( 50's), but I find the figures in WideView a little confusing. The side screens seem to run ok with no stutters. I did have to Change the Vsync to off as this was causing stutters.

Am also running Immersive Display.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem ?

Kind regards..............Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

Nat Crea

It looks like there is NO AutoGen at all in the first picture Brian.
I would delete the P3D.cfg to get them all back to the same state If all else fails.

Nat

brianwilliamson

Thanks Nat, tried that but no difference unfortunately. It has me stumped at the moment, but will keep trying some different approaches, even if I have to re-install P3D !

There is something simple that has been done somewhere in the system and quite often it is quicker to do a re-install than take days of fiddling around in the dark................perhaps someone else may have had this happen.

Thanks......................Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim

Bob Reed

That side view does not look like stock scenery... Well to me anyway.....

Trevor Hale

The underlaying image seems to match up to me.  But like it was stated above, there doesn;t seem to be any autogen scenery.

If I were you I would copy the autogen.xml file from your Front view to the side view.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

brianwilliamson

That seems to be the problem that the autogen is not there, to the extent it should be, even though all 3 computers have the same autogen settings, so somewhere something has changed the autogen on the left and right views.

Regards..........Brian W.

blueskydriver

Try turning all the AutoGen off for every machine, and then load a flight. Fly a bit, then exit FSX, restart all computers, turn all AutoGen back on again, and try another flight...

Check too make sure you have all antivirus programs turned off, if you use them, as they can block certian file types.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

brianwilliamson

Almost certain I now know the add-on that was installed and supposedley uninstalled ( which does not happen by the way !) which caused all the trouble. The one with the wavey grass and birds and people and taxis etc., ad infinitum........which cause great fps loss.....Looks good but not worth the trouble.

So I will now upgrade to P3D v3 just to be on the safe side, without any addons at all. Really not neede anyway.

Thanks all....................regards, Brian W.

brianwilliamson

Ok the new install without any addons has done the trick.

Now have full scenery and running sliders at max for 30fps.

Here is quick picture................................regards,

Brian W.

KyleH

A320! Nice to see something other than a 737.

Visuals look good Brian.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Aerosim Solutions

Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

brianwilliamson

Thank you Kyle and Gwyn,

Hope you have not been too close to all those fires in W.A. Gwyn. Very nasty looking. I do have a basic worry about lack of fire breaks though, as I spent many years in ths bush and we always had miles and miles of fire breaks.

I blame the Greenies !!

Cheers...............Brian

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate