Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
659 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 747
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 659
Total: 659

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Fly Elise Warping Software

Started by fordgt40, July 04, 2016, 11:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordgt40

Finally, after many years I am nearing completion and await delivery of my projectors. I am making a 2 metre radius screen with the images generated from three projectors via three PC`s and wideview. It appears that Fly Elise warping software is quite popular and I should welcome others advice on

Will Immersive Display Pro provide all the warping and edge blending functions

What is the incremental benefit of buying the additional Design and calibration modules

I have asked this question direct to Fly Elise, but would welcome first hand advice from the members.

Thanks

David

Aerosim Solutions

Hi David,

FlyEliseNG Calibration pro is free and what you use to create the warped image. At the end of warping the data text is exported to the flt file of a P3D start up scenario. FlyEliseNG Display Pro is what need to display the warping and this is what you buy a license for.
You can do the three projectors from a single high end PC as I have done, I still get 30FPS at FlyTampa Sydney. If you want to display from three separate PCs you will need 3 separate licences - it's an expensive way to go and not really necessary!!
FlyEliseNG totally rocks mate!! Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Caflyt

Hey Gwyn,
I am also planning 3 PJ setup with 1 high end comp. what are your specs on that unit and how much trouble was it to set up using FlyElise??
Are you using P3D and view groups, or a spanned image (with distorted edges)
I'm getting close to that stage in my build and your feedback could really help us.

Craig

tennyson

I very rarely disagree with Gwyn, but on this one, I will.

There is no way that one computer with a triple head to go can compete with three computers with high end graphic cards.

The triple head to go is crippled and could never support high def resolutions of some of the projectors today.

I have just returned from New Zealand where we built three intel 6700k pc's with GTX1080's, Fly Elise Calibration Pro and Immersive Display licensing on three Optoma GT 1080's and warped and blended the lot in 1920 x 1080 resolution.

It was a very frustrating and meticulous job and I was still not satisfied with my end result, but the test flights along the way were stunning.
There is a lot of overhead left to run weather and other add-ons, without compromising your overall graphics position.

Frank

fordgt40

I am already committed to three pcs (I5 overclocked to 4.6ghz with GTX 970 graphics board). I have bench tested this and am happy with the frame rates. Gwyn, did you get a special deal as on their website  the Calibration Package is not free? It is an extra EU180  to the Display package at EU130.

What would be helpful to know is the Calibration Package really necessary? Does it significantly help if you are using Wideview and not separate FSX windows?

David

tennyson

David. As you picked up, Calibration Pro is most certainly not free.

Nikola visits these forums so, he might chip in here, but I think I am safe in saying, Immersive display, which sits on your desktop and does all the warping and blending can be used on it's own.
You can do all of the necessary steps and achieve a warp and blend, using just this product.

Calibration Pro is an extra piece of Software, which must be purchased for each PC (so that you run 3 dual licenses) and resides within the Calibration Pro Software, once you have installed your license key.

Calibration Pro helps you to achieve a faster and more accurate result than just Immersive, on it's own.

Once you have finished your complete calibration and blending, you output the results and the muti-frustrum Procalib files, which are produced from your output are installed in the Immersive display software.

The resulting .xmlt files (which are for P3D. .flt files for FSX) are camera definitions, which are installed in the P3D default .xmlt from within P3D.

That's about it. From there, starting just Immersive display will start the calibrated results and warp each PC individually and blend to the edge, as you have done from within Calibration pro.  Don't warp your desktop (which is an available check box option), as it is not necessary and uses available resources best left to your flight simulator software.

Then, Starting your P3D or FSX on each of your PC's will bring up a unified result, together with your wideview (I also use widetraffic).

Really simple, huh?

Frank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glY0IgPrvz0

navymustang

Frank is absolutely correct on this. The Calibration software (which I own) is not a required item. You can achieve very nice results within Immersive Display Pro alone.

I also agree with Frank on an earlier post that to get reasonable frames rates (e.g., 30 or more), you need to have PCs for each projector. Especially if you are using HD resolution. It is a difficult task to learn but the results are worth the effort.

Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

I think some of the name terminology posted in this thread may be a bit misleading and may cause some confusion on the subject....Perhaps Nikola needs to jump in here as the final authority.

In the interest of clarity:

There are two critical software components that you need...."Immersive Calibration Pro" and "Immersive Display Pro". 

You need "Immersive Calibration Pro" to achieve the blending including fish eye correction.  That can be done manually using a grid mapping of the overlapping screens or using a camera method.  I use the manual mapping approach.

You then use "Immersive Display Pro" to do the actual projection.....using the calibrated files generated from Immersive Calibration Pro. 

Within "Immersive Display Pro" there are further adjustments that can then be made to fine tune color and shading across projectors if necessary.

That said....you can use "Immersive Display Pro" alone to do the warping calibration but such will be more tedious and less precise overall.

I am using the Fly Elise software with WideView for my sim.  I am very happy with the results. By using WideView you are spreading the visual projection across multiple computers which gives you significantly better performance....that is, slider settings, frame rates, and stability.  For example, I am using 4 four-year old I7 core computers (no overclocking) with 980 video cards driving 3 projectors.  There is no way a single computer can achieve nearly as much!

If you choose to use WideView be sure to have FS Global Weather installed.  It transfers weather to the clients via a network bridge independent of WV that very significantly improves smoothness performance.  Weather is 100% synchronized.  With P3D I have found that WideView alone will now synchronize weather display 100% as well....but again, FS Global Weather will give you a noticeable performance boost.

The issue with multiple computers is cost of course.  However keep in mind that you do not need the very best computers to run the system (as you would need for a single computer setup).

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

fordgt40

All

Many thanks for taking the time to do the very informative replies. I did get a very quick reply from Nikola, but I wanted independent users thoughts. Your help is much appreciated and given the time it has taken me to get this far in my build, I want the easiest route now to completion, so I will buy both the display and calibration modules

Regards

David

Ridgenj

Dear all,

Last time I  exchanged emails with Nat, he recommended a Master PCs plus three IGs.
High end GPU's  for all.
I asked  Nikola and the price for the license for this setup  was not that bad.
This is a setup for x-plane that uses GPU power to draw HD images.
Any disagreements or recommendations?
Has anyone seen the new ACER Gaming HD short throw projector?

Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

FredK

Hi Luis

In my WideView arrangement I am using 4 computers to drive three projectors - a Master (WV server) and 3 IGs (WV clients) as you suggested.  Highly recommended to do it that way.

I am also using the Optoma GT1080 HDs.  They do the job adequately but the color resolution and uniformity of focus etc. are not nearly as good as my old non-HD Mitsubishi 500WDs. The improvement in projection performance was not the quantum leap that I expected it to be. The Mitsubishi's were nearly twice the price though...you get what you pay for.  So a look at the new Acer's may be worth your while.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Ridgenj

Many thanks Fred, you are not the first one pointing to the color resolution and the focus.
The new ACER will be about 200 dollars more  but seems to have also more features. Was scheduled to be launched  today.

I was planning to use a GTX 1080 for the master and 1070 for the IGs.

Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: tennyson on July 04, 2016, 03:48:28 PM
I very rarely disagree with Gwyn, but on this one, I will.

There is no way that one computer with a triple head to go can compete with three computers with high end graphic cards.

The triple head to go is crippled and could never support high def resolutions of some of the projectors today.

Don't forget Frank I'm not using HD, my system works great and I have no plan to switch to HD as yet. 3840 x 768 at 30 to 80FPS is sweet as! The proof is there in the sim every day. A switch to HD would be at least another AUD5k. Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

tennyson

I know Gwyn and that was the point I was trying to make.

I wasn't sure which way that David was going, but the use of non-hd projectors is getting rarer.

Either way, the results are pretty awesome,

Frank

Masterploxis

Hello,

my 3 Cents:

I run 3 projectors with WXGA Resolution via a T2GO with a core i7 (3500) and a GTX780.
Setup done with Immersive Calibration pro. Warping / Blending done with Immersive Display pro. Very easy to setup.... Worth the Money !

From Performance side, i cannot complain. I use some scenery Software (Bergamo, Frankfurt Mega Airport etc.). The Frame rate is mostly stable and i can really recommend this System for all Instrument Flyers.

Anyhow - the Major drawback from my Point of view is the "poor" Resolution. I can see the Pixels on the curved Screen, i have anti aliasing issues and when in final Approach the PAPI light look like big light circles and not like small detailed indicator. I can't read runway or taxi signs unless i am very close.

I planned to Switch to Optoma full HD or some other brand but as mentioned in this post, a single Computer cannot run 3 separate calculated Windows in HD Quality and deliver this Performance to the projectors. And i am not willing to upgrade to a 3 PCs System only for HD Visuals. IMHO 3 separate Computer will add complexity to the whole Simulator and additional licenses are needed as well.

My thought was now - to only have a HD projector for the Center window and keep my WXGA projectors for the side views. But i am afraid, that the TH2GO cannot handle different resolutions the same time.

Maybe there is a graphic Card which can give me  WXGA(left) / FULL HD(Center) / WXGA (right).
This Setup could take some load from the PC and the graphic Card and could deliver a satisfying resolution for visual approaches. You can get some info from my Setup on my Website www.masterploxis.de   http://lowtone.de/wordpress/?page_id=130

Currently my whole Sim is taken apart for the Yoke Installation and Pedal Installation - but the non satisfying visuals will be the next issue i want to solve.

Cheers
Andy

navymustang

Andy, With Immersive Display Pro you need to be using NVidia Surround or Radeon EyeFinity single window configurations which require identical resolution across all projectors or monitors. I don't think you can mix resolutions and get warping and blending.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate