Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
490 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 490
Total: 490

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Bought a FSC.IT Throttle on ebay (Question)

Started by Steenos, June 03, 2018, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steenos

Hey y'all. I bought a FSC.IT Throttle on ebay from Germany. I paid for it on the 8th of last month. He said it would take a week to get a crate and I was fine of it. He didn't end up "shipping" it until the 21st of May.

At this point I was pretty frustrated. It's now June 3rd and I still have no throttle. He uploaded a DHL Tracking number on the 21st. Every time I've checked it I've gotten an error on DHL's website.

I tried using USPS tracking too. It just says label created. I feel like I'm getting played here. I told him if I don't hear an update on a tracking number by Tuesday then I'm going to have to take alternative actions (Opening up a dispute on ebay.).

Am I being to aggressive and do I need to be more patient? It's just hard when he has that much money of mine and I don't have a throttle. Thanks guys.

ifeliciano

Don't let it go past 45 days. I believe that is the eBay/Paypal cutoff to open a dispute.

blueskydriver

Hi Justin,

Open the dispute with PayPal now! Take what you typed here and put it in the dispute reasons. Also, add whatever else concerning the full details of the deal and any communication between him and you (including emails, text and etc).

Once you open the dispute, he has to answer to PayPal from now on and he will have 7 days to respond or should've had the item shipped to you within those 7 days. If no response from him, nor shipment, PayPal will give 20 more days before they escalate the dispute. Although, they might escalate it right away because you made the purchase on May 8th and it's now June 4th.

Anyway, once it gets escalated they'll likely refund your money right away if you have provided enough proof and/or if he does not respond to PayPal's emails directly from them. Then, once they refund your money, they will go after his PayPal account by taking funds back from it or by freezing his PayPal entirely and/or Bank account.

Whatever you do, keep yourself under control and stay calm. If the person does not keep his end of the deal PayPal is there for you. That is why I strongly suggest everyone to use PayPal, even though in the past I didn't like the fees they charged. However, once they get your money back from a bogus deal, the small fee they charge is well worth their service in the end.

Just hang in there and stay determined, as well as remember this is a business deal between two parties and where the other party is not holding up his end of the bargain. It's nothing personal, it's just business...so file the claim with PayPal now.

Let us know how it goes,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Steenos

Steenos

I started a dispute on the throttle today with ebay. He uploaded a tracking number that showed the throttle delivered to somewhere in Germany. Then he told me it was a real pain to ship something from Germany to USA. But he added a 3rd tracking number that has no tracking information on it.

It's been a month and i'm just fed up with it.

Joe Lavery

Hi Justin,  you have done the right thing by opening a dispute,  now that eBay are involved you will get a resolution. I had similar experience recently but with a smaller item, eBay refunded after the time they specified.
I also kept in touch with eBay by telephone which allows you to explain the situation to a person, giving you the opportunity to follow the vendors response with your take on it.

Hope it goes well for you.
Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

mickc

Yes, good move.

It does take a while to get resolved, but Ebay's buyer protection is much better than it used to be.

I bought a real 737--800 RMI from the US,  and it was damaged in transit (Broken knob and cracked  glass)

I filed an "Item not as described" claim, and was fully refunded, including shipping costs. Also get to keep the item and replaced the damaged parts.
Interestingly as it was shipped using the Global Shipping Program, the seller got to keep their money as well.

Steenos

Wow Interesting. I'm just getting tired of being strung around. Gone through 3 tracking numbers and there's 0 progress after a month.

throttlequad

Do you have any plans for the 737 throttle TQ?

Steenos

Use it with zibo 737. Working on the overhead now.

ifeliciano

By "plans", I think he means drawings or blueprints.

Steenos

It's still sitting. Still no progress. Does it really take this long to ship this big of a package from Germany to US? Anyone have any experience with this?

https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html?piececode=+CE600018691DE

This was the last tracking number he sent me. 3 days since the last update. So frustrating.

FredK

QuoteIt's still sitting. Still no progress. Does it really take this long to ship this big of a package from Germany to US? Anyone have any experience with this?

https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html?piececode=+CE600018691DE

This was the last tracking number he sent me. 3 days since the last update. So frustrating.

Justin -

Only 4 days to this point.....that is not abnormal.  The issue is moving things through customs which is further exacerbated by the trade wars going on.  It took over 10 days to ship some items of mine to Canada a couple of months ago....plus big headaches dealing with customs questions, phone calls, and paperwork etc.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Steenos

Almost 10 days now and still in pre shipment. I've started a claim with paypal.

Steenos

So I finally received the throttle last week. Now when I got it. It didn't have a power cable so I can't even use it! Also. There's only one motor inside the thing for the trim wheels. It doesn't even have a motor for the throttle levers!!!  >:(

This is just unreal. Worst experience I've ever had on ebay. Luckily paypal is in my favor and will most likely give me a refund.

blueskydriver

If you ask for a refund does that mean you return it to the seller? Have you asked him what gives? Do you have pics of the inside?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

iwik

Justin,
May pay you to reread the advert. Did he specify full motorization or Motorized Trim.
Les

ifeliciano

Quote from: iwik on July 09, 2018, 12:45:50 PM
Justin,
May pay you to reread the advert. Did he specify full motorization or Motorized Trim.
Les

Agreed. If buying anything on eBay, I read and re-read the description and ask a lot of questions.

Now i'm a bit confused on the power cable issue. Is it a hard-wired power cable/plug or one of the very common c13 to nema 5-15p cable?
You can get a power cable for $2 or less at Amazon..

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate