Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
115 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

GOPRO Camera Tilt/View -- Sherick 737 Sim

Started by sagrada737, February 09, 2022, 11:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hello All,

In between working on a few projects (Scott's J-Rails, 5.1 Sound system, etc.), I have been trying to figure out a good Tilt and Field of View (FOV) for my three GOPRO cameras.

The short video below shows the rear camera during a Final Approach into Burbank, CA KBUR -- flying with my wife Carol.  Perhaps the camera needs to be lowered a bit...  I kind of like the wide FOV. 

Anyway...  Any constructive comments on what might be best for these three GOPRO camera placements would be appreciated.

BTW -- The beginning shout out is for my son Collin.  He has an aggressive form of MS.  On that particular day, he had an MS flareup, so we wanted to send him a friendly hello from the cockpit.

Mike

Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

RayS

That is one heckuva sim there, Mike!

Since you use motion... how cool would it be to mount those cameras using a slightly shakier mount. giving the visual illusion that you are actually flying something and it's moving?

I'm thinking of experimenting with said camera mount.. maybe a piece of foam rubber between the camera mount and the attachment point or something...
Ray Sotkiewicz

sagrada737

Hello Ray,

That's a good idea...   I am using something similar for the rear camera mount, which allows some flexure.  I also have the GOPRO stabilization turned OFF.  What you are describing might work well for front mounted cameras.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate