Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
52 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New seating for my helicopter sim

Started by navymustang, January 23, 2021, 01:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

UPDATE - New photo showing both chairs installed.

When I started construction I thought sports car style racing seats would "look so cool" in my sim. I somehow left my engineering and pilot side in the background with that decision. After some test flights I soon realized they are so restrictive.

In search of new seating that more closely represents the actual helicopter I found a fishing boat seat that works great. One is installed, will purchase the other to wrap up the change.

In case you are wondering - the seats are electric motor driven for up and down. The pedals have a hand crank (like Boeing aircraft) for fore and aft travel. The seats rail assemblies are made from fiberglass and metal u-rails.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kattz

Reco

Nice 👌 work I am using boat seats for my MD500E. Found some that fit and will do the job

Rhys

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate