Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:53:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
123 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

This is why I really love this thread, you guys just keep me motivated! Everything you do helps not only myself, but it also helps everyone else.

Believe it or not, the CNC machine I have finally got moved to a better location where I can get to it. Also, all my 3D printers are colocated next to each other now; whereas, they were to spread out before.

Next, I've been drooling over the idea of ATC Setup with a curved screen and 3 projectors, using a 9'x16' screen that I already have. Just gotta figure out where to put it...lol! Someday when I move away from the cockpit sim, I'll just do ATC to stay connected to the flight sim hobby.

Finally, does anyone know if someone has built a large ATC curved screen setup or multi LCD screens for Tower View before? Not on the commercial side, but on the hobbyist side?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

i already have done that john   full atc set up lol

jskibo

John you have to get up early to get ahead of quite a few here :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

blueskydriver

Yep, John these early birds always beating me...lol!

Bernard, post some pics and do a YT video for me please...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

Worldflight Australlia has had that setup for years.  Tower controller has 3 projector view and TRACON is setup with 4 scopes.

Awesome Stuff.  I have seen pics of Bernards setup.  It's MINT.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Thanks Trevor, I will search for WF Australia's setup.

In the mean time, it'd be nice too see Bernard's in operation...hint-hint Bernard. Make a video of it all for me/us!

John

bernard S

john   its not or can be difficult to do..do you plan comms between each station  via phones or headsets  do you plan to be able to talk to flight deck directly (so atc is atc)  and how as in unfamilar and asking taxi directions etc  it comes down to how do you plan to use this  as it can easliy become a white elephant  do you have enough people to come and play ? my atc area is is 20x30 and on 2nd level of building

bear in mind that when working at tower you mainly on feet so positioning of projectors are important as not to cast shadows etc plan for averagebof 6ft 3 person and all will be good .. consider height of tower for view how much immersion .. i.e  are binoculars required (and that whole nother ball game ) as you will need high end ones  or things become a blurr

are you marrying it into vatsim pe etc who supplies your tower view. how many pcs you comfortable running   tower view will require hi end as looks crap otherwise.. how many stations  how and what do those stations look like ? i even have arrival and departure boards with clicky clack tied in ( thats down stairs) etc stc    whist you at it  are you adding ops ? wx etc etc 

this can easily become an expensive vanity project   just saying

RayS

A few parts arrived for the new sim....

Ray Sotkiewicz

jskibo

bernard S

yeah Ray   saucy   what are yiu doing for a HUDs please   

RayS

You can use LUA scripts in DCS World to send displays and data to external devices. Each system has it's own 'hook' and you can specify the hook, and then the device to send it to.

I had a nice home-made HUD for my old F-16 project and I'll use the same methodology for the F18.
Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

have done nothing ... nada ..zero..sfa..zero..nought..zip.. not anything

blueskydriver

Ordered 3 refurbished mid range Dell Intel I5, Win10 computers for the sim to replace all my old Dell P4 WinXP ones.

For ProSim 2.0 you need at least Win7 and .NET 4.7.2; whereas, anything under 2.0 works on XP still.

Funny thing is, I ordered them through Walmart of all places. $300 each, cannot build them myself for that price...

John

n4208t

After a bunch of setbacks I am making some decent progress on my sim again.  The pot on the dual rudders died so I ordered a Hall Sensor only to find out the shaft was too short.  Have a long shaft pot coming from Desktop Aviator to fix that.  Then the dual yokes bit the dust.  They started binding (they were probably 30 years old) and got worse with more use and lubrication.  Spoke to the main tech at PFC (nice guy) and he said one of the shafts was probably slightly bent and they do not work on them anymore but, when they did, the only thing they could do was to rebuild and refurbish them.  So, out they came.  I will strip out some of the parts and sell them (eg - the yokes) but the unit is worthless.

I was able to find a PFC Saab yoke on E-Bay and got it so, for now, it is a single yoke setup but at least it is working.  (is this now a Sing Air with the Saab yoke?)  Three of the 4 sub-panels are wired and working.  The Captains right side panel is 90 percent done and I only have to finish wiring the gear lights and then mount the panel.

I decided not to sell my FI turboprop engine gauges but to go ahead and mount them (and a custom circuit breaker panel I had Ruscool make me several years ago) on a 45 degree angle from the main panel.  It is not realistic, but I think it looks pretty good and it is functional and beats looking at the tiny engine gauges on those 10.4 inch monitors of the G1000.

Had trouble getting the front side windows right so I 3D printed them.  This morning I mounted the lower fuel panel and the front of the glareshield with the annunciator panel.  I lowered it a little (purposely) as I had raised the seating for comfort.  The monitor is only there for testing.

So, overall, it is moving forward.  Not perfect, but not looking bad. Lots to go still.

Steve

RayS

Added another CANBUS LRU. This one is the Master Caution/Warn annunciators

Even got the lights to fade in/out as on the real flight deck.

https://youtu.be/5GdNv38EvBw
Ray Sotkiewicz

n4208t

That is very cool Ray.  Nice programming.

navymustang

Wow, that is impressive. I don't think I have seen a sim do that before except the Level Ds at the airlines.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kattz

RayS

With the Master Caution/Warning lights under my belt, time to tackle the lower annunciator panel for the Beech 1900D.

Circuit was breadboarded roughly 2 weeks ago and went to manufacturing Sunday night. (Really quick turnaround on the PCB!)

Loaded up the card tonight, loaded the controller with the CANBUS template code so this weekend will be programming all the lights... all 56 of them.

Ray Sotkiewicz

Jason L

Hello gents!  After a lot of real life stuff getting in my way, career change, and good stuff like that I'm starting to work on my 737 again.  Will be switching to prosim as the software i had been using (iFly) isn't compatible with Prepar3d v5 and they have no intention of supporting the new Microsoft option.

This weekend I've been organizing my stuff and my first project will be completing the assembly of the overhead.  I've built the frame out of aluminum and want to reinforce it and start the wiring.

Speaking of which, if anyone knows of someone that has a prosim license that they don't use anymore let me know!

RayS

Kind of in a lull here, so I built a giant box.

(It's for a friend who needs all his helicopter parts shipped out of my garage :-) )
Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

Ray, you could have painted it WAAAAY COOL, S76 Parts With Remove before Flight tag on it :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

phil744

Was bored, so broke out the ladder and give her a clean as she is a dirty biaatch!
20200310_020942.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

jskibo

Picked up a nice ASPEN EFD1000 for the nice folks at Ruscool.  This thing looks impressive

Also managed to score a lot of Flight Illusions gauges at a great price, coming from Europe, will post when they arrive.

The Light Twin / Single sim is slowly coming together.

jackpilot

Quote from: phil744 on July 03, 2020, 05:45:07 PMWas bored, so broke out the ladder and give her a clean as she is a dirty biaatch!
20200310_020942.jpg

Long time no see Phil...where are you at (besides sweeping a perfectly clean gizmo)

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate