Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
147 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 145
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Key Inputs to CDU via OC Keycard

Started by mpl330, March 08, 2012, 12:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpl330

Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem with the key inputs from my CDU to the PM CDU software. I have the hardware CDU connected via an Opencockpits USB Keys card and when I direct the output to a notepad window for testing all works ok, all key inputs correspond to what I expect in the notepad window i.e. A on the CDU press makes A appear in the notepad etc.
When I redirect the output to the PM CDU window then strange things are happening, all the LSK/RSK inputs are fine, all numeric inputs are fine (i.e. appear in the scratchpad) and all the DES/INIT/MENU etc keys work ok but I am unable to enter any alpha keys, e.g. if I press A then nothing appears in the scratchpad, this is the same for all alpha keys except O which when I press this changes the display from screen only back to screen and keyboard.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Mike

blueskydriver

Check you .ini file of the PM CDU and make sure your correct aircraft is being pulled from your NetDir folder. Also, make sure you ident your aircraft type to be sure it matches your sim. If Boeing, then make sure it is a Boeing and not Airbus being ident by accident. Then, do the PM File Check to make sure all portions of PM are running and connecting correctly...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

mpl330

Will check again but am sure all was correct with PMfile check and the model... Think it was showing Boeing737-700 (even tho I am using 800)
Will post back...

Thanks
Mike

mpl330

Hi,

1st chance I have had to try this  ::) real life eh!

Ok file check runs without issue, all ok and paths to FSX and Netdir look correct.

The Model on the Ident screen is showing 737-700 even though the aircraft is 737-800 (not sure how this can be changed (?)

Still have the issue in that any of the Alpha keys do not get entered in the scratchpad but all other keys work fine and the Alpha keys work fine into a Notepad document so the physical keys are ok and the OC USB Keys program looks to be running ok - any ideas?

Cheers
Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate