Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
56 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 63
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3d Q&A

Started by XOrionFE, August 12, 2013, 06:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Because we don't have a specific forum spot for topics related to Prepar3d I thought I would post this in the General Board.   Then perhaps Bob or Trevor if you would please create a folder for Prepar3d discussions.   That would be useful I think.   This could be moved there once created.

Now on to my question.   As most of you are aware I like to experiment.   I am currently still trying to get a workable X-Plane 5 computer system running.  For the 737 cockpit builder Prosim doesn't yet support it.   Sim-Avionics does using XPUIPC but all in all it is still bleeding edge and many things to continue working out (though I think getting there bit by bit).    That said, I like the ability to also run inside the FSX world and now with FTX Global as stated in another thread I really like the scenery and night lighting provided by it....it really transforms FSX.     

Now onto Prepar3d...

I had purchased 3 copies of academic a few months back and loaded them up.   I have FSUIPC on the main one and I am running the latest Wideview and Widetraffic on them.    They seem really smooth but obviously should be since I have not added anything else yet.    So for those of you who have...would you please give the rundown of adds?

I was considering the following and installing in this order  (I must love pain  :o).

1.  UTX
2.  REX
3.  FTX Global
4.  FTX Regions
5.  FTX Airports
6.  Aerosoft Airports
7.  Ultimate Traffic 2
8.  Turbine Sound Studios Audio Env Extreme
9.  Pilot Edge

Any gotchas known with any of these?    Do the Orbx regions all install in P3D just like FSX or do I need to get special converters etc that I have seen or heard about here and there.

Last....is it really worth it to go to P3D?

Thanks,
Scott

jskibo

I use http://www.flightsim.ee/ the conversion tool for anything that doesn't have native P3D loading capability.  Works good with everything I have tried except GEX, but you won't need that with FTX.  It's like 10 euro (so that's $3.7Million US at todays conversion).

It also provides a legacy mode of P3D (emulates FSX) which is required if you use FSInn for Vatsim
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on August 12, 2013, 06:26:41 AM

Last....is it really worth it to go to P3D?

Thanks,
Scott

Not the one qualified to answer this question but add-on developers seem to think it is with this new 64 bit Modeling tool.
http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/05/4320/

And yes, you must love pain since you thrive with it  ;)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

rhysb

Scott,

I have installed and working flawlessly the following with p3d:

REX
FTX Global
FTX PNW
FTX PFJ
FTX Scotland
FTX Wales
Some FTX
Aerosoft airports
drzewiecki-design-miami-city-2012
Drzewiecki krakow
FSdreamteam airports

All FTX products come with a P3D installer as do all the products listed above. The good news is that FTX also offer a crossover tool that means if you already have all your FTX stuff installed in FSX you just run their program and it will automatically port it all over to p3d. I didn't use this though and installed them all from the p3d installers.

most aerosoft airports now have a p3d installer but those that don't you can use the FSX conversion tool available at simmarket.

I use prosim and the jetstream model and all work flawlessly.

I'm not sure about your sounds as I use the PMDGX sounds which I copied into the jetstream folder and then the PMDG sounds that are not in that folder (switch sounds, cockpit electrical sounds etc) I have imported into the prosim sound module and have them correctly setup! IMHO this is better that the TSS sounds etc.

Finally with p3d the shader, colour and lighting is way improved from FSX. If you have p3d load up FTX PFJ and Ketchikan airport with REX textures etc and it will blow your socks off!!

I'm sold on P3D and would not go back to FSX. Touch wood I have also had next to no freezes or CTD with p3d.

The only thing I know that does not work with p3d is the AES program but the FSdreamteam GSX works perfectly.

Anything you need to know please just ask.

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Garys

Also users of projectors and warping software need to consider compatability. I cant speak for the latest version of Warpalizer, however if you own an earlier version of the warp software, it is not compatible with P3D 1.4 and is not a free upgrade. ( Be prepared to repurchase)

FlyElise immersive display pro and immersive display lite 2 are both compatible with P3D.

Try the free demos from Flyelise, Nthusim and warpalizer first when considering the move to P3D.

Gary

XOrionFE

Any point in trying to get UTX into Prepar3d if I am using all Orbx scenery including FTx Global?   I don't want to use migration utilities or have to rely on having FSX installed for any reason.   I would prefer pure Prepa3d setup and work with products that directly install to it properly.  I will even repurchase much of my orbx scenery to do this.    I hate FSX already because of the nightmare of keeping track of all these things so if I run P3D and am in middle of a clean load I want to simplify my life!

Any insights on this?

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate