Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 08:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
95 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 54
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FS2020-Panel Removal Solution

Started by sagrada737, October 01, 2020, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

A friend of mine mentioned that there was a post on the FS2020 Forum showing how to remove the Instrument Panel for an aircraft in FS2020.  I don't have the link to the post, so I'll try to outline it here...

C:/Users/"Owner"/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/Packages/Official/OneStore/aircraft type eg. asobo-aircraft-kingair350/SimObjects/AsoboKingAir350

Within the AsoboKingAir350 folder is a file named Model.CFG   At the bottom of the file text file is:
[models]
exterior=KINGAIR_350I.XML
interior=KINGAIR350I_INTERIOR.XML

Simply place a semi-colon ";" in front of exterior and interior.  Example:

[models]
;exterior=KINGAIR_350I.XML
;interior=KINGAIR350I_INTERIOR.XML

That will get rid of the Instrument Panel and exterior of the aircraft.  Below is a photo on the runway at Santa Monica Airport.  No Instrument Panel!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Garys

I think the biggest issue with getting rid of the exterior model is that you also remove exterior lighting which includes taxi and landing lights for night flights

Joe Lavery

Would it be possible to just remove the cockpit using this method?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Trevor Hale

Hi Joe, no because like with P3D the "Virtual Cockpit" Is actually part of the model, the cockpit is not a seperate entity on its own.

its all or nothing, that's why the Solution Ray and I came up with is the better option. (And you still get exterior lighting) LOL

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

sagrada737

Hey Trevor,

Those are interesting points...  This sort of thing is somewhat subjective.   However, shifting the eyepoint outside the cockpit is really a band-aid, as you truly want the eyepoint from where the pilot is inside the aircraft.

If the intent and desire is to take a look at the aircraft from some exterior eyepoint, then getting rid of the exterior views may not be desired.   But in the case of a curved screen, warped dispay, when sitting inside a full-scale cockpit, I think it is better to have the View at the Pilot's eyepoint.

That said, in P3D, if you wanted to see the outside view of the aircraft, you could always mouse click on one of the projectors, then use keyboard commands to toggle through various views, then use F10 to go back to the warped display.  In practice, it is not very practical to do so, as it disrupts the cockpit view.  Again...  Subjective.  But that's P3D.   FS2020 is a different ball game.

I was hoping that PixelWix warping software would have completed their development for compatibility with FS2020, but it seems that they are delayed for some reason that has to do with waiting on MS for the proper hooks into FS2020.

For full-scale cockpits, the problem doesn't stop there, as there are issues with current hardware that is not compatible with FS2020, eg. FlightIllusion gauges, etc..  In my case, the Sim-Avionics flight model is not yet compatible with FS2020, so it's a bust from the start.  Maybe next year there will be some blue sky for the full-scale Sim projects.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate