Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
51 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Another VR

Started by jskibo, October 07, 2020, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

I've been spending some time in DCS as I wait for MSFS updates and a hopeful solution to RXP eventually releasing a GTN750 solution so I can use my hardware.

I was a Rift CV 1 user for a few years and "upgraded" to a lenovo Explorer for added resolution and no cameras required.  The Lenovo was a first Gen WMR headset, but at $90 a pleasant upgrade for the Rift.  It had a small sweet spot which required a lot of head movement but was light an had a flip up screen.

I was an early backer on the Pimax 8k, but after massive delays and their customer skills just sucking hard, I ended up selling it immediately for 3X what I paid for it before the hype wore off so never really used it, still kind of glad I didn't.

I picked up an HP Reverb Pro last week and with two 2160 x 2160 screens it is a further nice upgrade on the Lenovo.  I no longer have to Zoom into read the displays which is great.  The sweet spot is a bit bigger than the first Gen, but still not perfect.  Stuff I am looking at is crisp and that's without having to SuperSample everything.  I grabbed it from Amazon a an Amazon Renewed which comes with a 90 day no question return for $400.  When the unit arrived  it was still factory sealed new so pleasantly surprised there.  I still may return later because.....

HP Reverb Gen 2 releases next month and I have a pre-order in.  Same Screen specs but the new lenes are designed by Valve and offer a greater sweet spot plus slightly bigger FOV.  They also lifted the earphones from the Valve Index to use on the Gen 2.  They also add additional cameras on the headset for tracking which is great but for seated play (sims and racing) I find the 2 camera solution perfectly fine.  Gen 2 also will have a hardware IPD adjustment vs the software of Gen 1

If you're interested in VR for sims, I would highly recommend the HP Reverb and I would guess prices would fall further once Gen 2 is released
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate