Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
42 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Sales price of a 737 OEM

Started by kurt-olsson, October 08, 2020, 06:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Hi.

Do anyone of you have any idea of what kind of price a 737 OEM 90% complete goes for?

Looking at some options, maybe a real cockpit or a small GA. So just want to get some feedback on this.

jackpilot

Any guess is good. I've seen the whole spectrum.
Used to be good bargains for 727 noses,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOEING-727-full-cockpit-cut-with-full-interior-for-simulator-or-display/272696914903?hash=item3f7e00b3d7:g:PgcAAOSwsXFZMAjC
then 737-3 and 4 , now NGs are surfacing.
Not sure of the purpose of your question but 2 factors to consider.
1) location. Transporting/Importing a nose may cost more than the part itself.
2) cleaning, removing wiring, disassembling, interfacing etc is a MAMMOTH project of PHARAONIC magnitude !!!
IF you want it all dressed be ready to dish out tens of thousands of bucks.

Jack

kurt-olsson

I am actually thinking of selling my stuff to build something smaller. But it depends if i can get back the money i have invested.

But a real 737 cockpit section would be the dream. :)

jackpilot

My 2 cents, you will most likely not get your money back, if any.
Why not investing in a good quality repro shell that will cost much less than a real one, will be clean, will come disassembled (parts can go through a regular door!) and will be ready for all your hardware.

Jack

kurt-olsson

Yeah, thats the setup i kind of have today. A wood shell with OEM parts.

Well, looks like my best option is to continue and finish the last 10%. :)

That shell You have from FDS is really nice!

blueskydriver

Hey Kurt,

Take it from a guy like you.

Don't worry about the real deal since it's all aesthetics anyway; unless, you already have the real liners for the real shell.

If I were you, I'd get the black painted FDS shell with liner kit. Your OEM items will fit, just let Peter Cos know what you have regarding the MIP, Overhead and etc sizes.

Funny thing is, I had two real OEM shells and yes they're nice to have for the Ooh & Ahh factor, but for function they were a lot of work just to make them usable as a sim. Eventually, changed direction and sold them, then went with FDS.

If I had it to do over again I'd just went FDS to begin with...skipping real shells altogether.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

Thanks John. I am glad to hear this, maybe the real deal is just to much hazzle for the wow factor. Right now i find it difficult with all the "mechanic" part of the sim. So a real deal with rudders/yokes etc is a big wow factor for me. Haha

But this thread served its purpose, i just have to get back to my rudder pedals construction again.

I MUST order a new computer and buy a 75" tv because right now i dont even have a computer so its easy to loose motivation...

Thanks Jack and John, the two veterans of simbuilding. Always glad to hear your advice. Thanks.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate