Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
52 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

MILVIZ weather radar for P3D v5 issues

Started by navymustang, October 26, 2020, 11:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

Just purchased this product. The old version had an icon on the desktop to configure specific aircraft . This version did not install such an icon. Has anyone purchased this and have it running under P3D v5?
Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Neil Hewitt

Hi.

I've got it running in my setup. The P3Dv5 version installs itself as a generic panel so you can add it in any aircraft without needing to put it into the panels.cfg - go to Vehicle -> Instrument Panel in the menus and it's there. Of course if you want to place it into the VC rather than as a pop-up you need to manually config the panel yourself.

Fair warning - I found it causes micro-stutters in v5. You don't really notice them if your FPS is high generally but if you're already at low FPS (<25) the stutters are noticeable, down to 7 FPS on my rig. This is on P3D v5 HF2, haven't tried it on 5.1 and I doubt it'll work without a patch.

Shame, because it's a nice simulation of a Bendix unit, and I will still use it where I can.

navymustang

Thanks for the update. Shortly after I posted the first message I found the panel installation tool in one of their folders.

Now I would love to find a way to remove their bezel. Any ideas?
Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

navymustang

It's folks like iwik that make this forum so incredible - thanks !

iwik

Jim,
Have you had a look in the .ini if it exists. Some have a statement like  Bezel=False
Les

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate