Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
102 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Style Clocks, update

Started by Joe Lavery, November 07, 2012, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi all,

Just a quick update on my 737 Style Clocks. First I would like to thank Jeremy Bucholz for the very kind words and images in his review of my clocks. In case you missed it, the link is below.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...ight=737+clock

Secondly following on his comment, I can now offer clocks to fit the FDS MIP; thanks to Scott Wegner (XOrionFE) who kindly sent me the clock bezel from his own MIP as a pattern. I have made two versions, one with a round centre bezel, like the original FDS version and one with an octagonal shaped bezel like the Engravity version. (See images)

They are still the same price of £110.00 each plus postage.
Anyone interested please PM me.
Regards,

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Buzzard Sydney

Joe, could your 737 clocks be connected via USB to a computer running FSX, and would they track the time on the simulated cockpit dashboard?
Regards
Buzz  :D

Joe Lavery

No Sorry Buzz, they are stand alone units and simply show the time like a normal clock. There is no way (as far as I know) to extract the data from FSX and track it in a two way exchange.

Most of the guys who have bought them simply set the sim time on startup, then of course it will track the time accurately. The stopwatch display below can be used for holds or timed legs on a precision approach.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Buzzard Sydney

Joe, thanks, what is the dimensions of the square clock?
Buzz

Aerosim Solutions

I have two of Joe's clocks and they are superb, I haven't installed them yet but they look stunning!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Joe Lavery

Hi Buzz,

I've attached the dimensions in a pdf file. if you need any more info let me know.
They are designed to fit the Engravity, or FDS MIPs. Although I understand they fit the SimWorld MIP as well.

Cheers

Joe.

markfire

A lovely Chrono produced by Joe Laverty.
Simple operation and easy to install into the MIP.

One 5v to the digits and one 12v to the clock surround – sorted.

The 12v is a bit bright as Joe has stated and 9v is about right although i've put mine on a dimmer.

Fits the Simworld MIP nicely : )

Great service, thanks Joe.

Joe Lavery

You're welcome Mark,

Glad it fitted the SimWorld MIP. I can now add that to my spec sheet....  ;)

Kind regards
Joe.

sagrada737

Hello Joe,

Just chiming in to report that I'm another happy customer with your nicely made 737 clocks.  I now have them installed in FDS MIP and they look and perform great. 

I have the 12vdc display ring connected to my FDS Dimmer.  But I too find that the Digits are a bit too bright, so I placed a piece of flexible self-sticking "window tinting" material (medium dark amber) over the front of the display and it totally solved the brightness problem.  Now, both the outer display and the digits are well balanced with the other display items on my MIP.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Joe Lavery

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the kind words, I've also found that reducing the voltage to the clock component will also dim the displays as well. Working on the suggested specs for the clock chip, it seems they can work happily down to 4 volts. Might be useful to other users.
I managed to pick up some ready built voltage reducing boards from ebay that work a treat and you can simply dial them down to the level of brightness you want. You must make sure however that you don't power them with any more than 5 volts. The clock/timer chips will blow at anything over that.

These are the little regulators I bought.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-LM2596-DC-DC-Adjustable-Power-Step-down-Module-Blue-High-Quality-EP98-/111072522909?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item19dc70329d

Kind regards
Joe.

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Joe, thanks for that link!
It just so happens that I am currently fitting new pieces to the ends of my MIP which include the octagonal cut outs for your clocks. I checked the step down card from Aussie Ebay and a batch deal of 10 units was only $11.41....5 quid!! I haven't fired them up yet but it won't be long now!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Joe Lavery

No worries Gwyn, I bought ten as well....  :)

Cheers
Joe.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate