Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 09:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 171
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

DAL 209 in the shop

Started by Bob Reed, November 11, 2015, 11:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well for the first time on 3 years Sam and I worked on the sim after everyone left. I mean lots of hours. On Saturday while Trevor and Ray where still here we installed P3D v3. What a difference in the look and feel of how 209 flies! So after that we started installing all the scenery that need to go in. And of course once you make those kinds of changes you have to fly it! lol Was a lot of work but Dal 209 will be ready for WF 2016 and anything in the mean time.

Aerosim Solutions

Just about to do the same myself! I bought P3D v3 but I wasn't game to install it before Worldflight, no excuses now but it will take ages to install forty odd purchased sceneries - yawn! I need to rewire the entire MIP too as it needs a tidy up. It never ends but that's the game!! Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

tennyson

Don't do it Gwyn, I'm sure you will regret it.

It's not ready for cockpit use yet. Even I am hanging off.
Lots of problems with drivers for cockpits at the moment (and integration with ProSim).
2.5 is working just fine and will do you for the next 12 months until V3 matures and everything works on it.

There aren't all that many ORBX sceneries ported over to P3D and you don't want to back door that process, trust me...
Wait for the P3D V3 installers and all the driver support for V3 before installing, that's my advice.

My cockpit will remain in 2.5 for the foreseeable future, while I test and install apps and drivers, specifically for V3, on my desktop machine.

Frank Cooper

Bob Reed

Well I am not sure what "issues" you are talking about with ProSim but it is ported to our 737 and working fine. Yes there are some issues with some of the Orbx scenery. Most other sceneries work great and Mytraffic is working as well. We made several test flights with it. Flies well and looks better. Frame rates are up as well.

Sam Llorca

Don't know exactly what the issues are there between p3dv3 and Prosim because we tested the functionality for two days in a row and everything seems to be working right, As far as I know Prosim got nothing to do with which version of simulator you are running if your hardware hasn't change, correct me if I'm wrong.

On the scenery side of it, yes we actually had to manually add the scenery and  test each one of them, some of the Orbx scenery is not compatible, if using the scenery installer it may not installed correctly.

The folder structure of the simulator has change just like FSX Steam did to improve performance , heck I'm getting 50 to 60 frames max out, impossible to achieve with the previous versions, out of memory errors is a thing of the past.

I'm going to keep on test flying this new platform over the weekend to see if there is any incompatibility issues with Prosim but so far so good.

cheers!

tennyson

Hi Sam,
I'm just going on what I've read over on the prosim forum.
They were mostly to do with driver support, especially auto throttles.

I've also loaded V3 to my productivity machine, nut not my cockpit. Even tho the frames are good and no OOM's, I find the scenery port less than satisfactory for my cockpit, compared to true installers, so I'm going to wait.

I've always been an early adopter, but maybe I'm just getting overly cautious in my old age.

Frank Cooper

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate