Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 08:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
112 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 171
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Anybody know a source of B737 Speed Ref/N1 dual concentric knobs?

Started by daveaust, December 22, 2015, 07:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveaust

Hi- I've looked high and low for these but Knobs.se, flight-facsimile, and simknobs(?) aren't doing knobs any more. These were the only guys I've seen that made the exact correct knob. I've looked at all the usual suppliers I know of (sismo.simparts.de, simworld, etc) and some are close, but not quite spot on.
thanks, dave

mickc

Same here, I am now looking at OEM knobs.  Preparing my anus for pricing  :-\

I was going to 3D print some, as they don't really get used a lot but i will see what they cost first.

If you are interested, the Boeing P/N is RD825-101 (Inner) and RC446-147 (outer)

Ridgenj

Quote from: daveaust on December 22, 2015, 07:20:21 PM
Hi- I've looked high and low for these but Knobs.se, flight-facsimile, and simknobs(?) aren't doing knobs any more. These were the only guys I've seen that made the exact correct knob. I've looked at all the usual suppliers I know of (sismo.simparts.de, simworld, etc) and some are close, but not quite spot on.
thanks, dave

I was fortunate to get some with my ANDERS SWITCHES.  They are just fantastic and I regret I didn't got the rest when available.

Cheers
Luis

daveaust

Thanks for the replies guys.

The Boeing numbers will be great to have. Thank you. I will research them and see if I can xref them plus see if they are anything EHC makes standard or if it is custom or another mfr. The price- I too am sure would be massive.

I thought I remember Anders made some custom dual concentric encoder hardware? Did he also make the knobs? Is he still around?

dave

mickc

Yes, they are EHC Knobs, but a custom part specifically for Boeing.  I have pricing on the Outer knob - $ 90 USD each, i'm assuming inner knob will be the same/slightly less.

Archen is indeed still around, but I think the knobs he was offering with earlier switches were made by Jakob at simknobs.se
As far as I know, he is not making knobs anymore.

iwik

B747-400

Hans G. Schuetz
http://B747-400.net

archen

Quote from: daveaust on December 24, 2015, 06:55:12 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

The Boeing numbers will be great to have. Thank you. I will research them and see if I can xref them plus see if they are anything EHC makes standard or if it is custom or another mfr. The price- I too am sure would be massive.

I thought I remember Anders made some custom dual concentric encoder hardware? Did he also make the knobs? Is he still around?

dave

Hi Dave,
As mick said the knobs i used was made by Jacob. I hope he will get back someday, they are just perfect! If anyone find them please let me know as lots of customers asks where to find knobs.

Best regards,
Anders

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

Ridgenj

The ACV knobs are resin and the ones from simparts are PLA 3d printing. The ACV knobs are 30 bucks for the EFSI and they fit well to the CP EFIS unit. I have seen very happy customers like Wildcat in Belgium.
I am sure Jacob might be willing to run a production if we have a large order.
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

daveaust

Yes let's put some extra "pressure" on Jacob! But seriously, there must be a lot of guys on here that need the correct knobs on that panel so I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to get enough orders together to make it worth one of our craftsmen's time.

Thanks for all the excellent input on this thread and hopefully something will materialize on the radar for these elusive knobs.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate