Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101

COUNTDOWN TO WF2020

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fsaviator

Planning my next project to ago along with my upgrade.  Anyone have any experience getting an OEM sperry RMI to work with a teensy or arduino?
I want minimal extra crap to get it running
Warren "MTN385"
Florida

http://www.B737NG-SIM.com and https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator on facebook
FSX, Prosim737 Suite, FDS DSTD 2.0 MIP, RevSim Proline TQ, ACE Dual-linked Yokes, Intel 3.5GHz i7-3770K, MSI Z77A-G45, 16GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400, Galaxy GTX670 GC 4GB, OCZ 60GB Vertex 3

jmlohrenz

Been a while since I've posted. Making a custom frame for my overhead so it'll fit my cockpit. Using aluminum which is fun and frustrating to work with. Hope to start wiring this weekend.

blueskydriver

Do you want too buy a real Forward Overhead frame?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jmlohrenz

Not sure it would fit the cockpit?  When I did a measurement my panels from flightsimulatorparts.com seem to be a bit bigger than OEM...wish I had known that before I bought them!

jskibo

Ordered the remaining Light Plates and Backing plates for the left side console in the F16 Sim.

Ordered the 737 MAX EFIS for CPT and FO.

Picked up a bunch of Pokeys cards from Warren for the F16 Sim

Got confirmation my F16 Forward and Aft Glare Shields will ship this month
Sim 1:  F16, running Falcon 4 BMS - In Build using a mix of real and repro parts + Pokeys cards
Sim 2:  737 MAX - Still in parts collecting phase (CDU / MCP / EFIS)

Goodenough

Quote from: jmlohrenz on November 05, 2019, 09:40:52 amBeen a while since I've posted. Making a custom frame for my overhead so it'll fit my cockpit. Using aluminum which is fun and frustrating to work with. Hope to start wiring this weekend.

Nice overhead. How did you get the panels attached to frame?

jmlohrenz

Quote from: Goodenough on November 07, 2019, 01:42:27 pm
Quote from: jmlohrenz on November 05, 2019, 09:40:52 amBeen a while since I've posted. Making a custom frame for my overhead so it'll fit my cockpit. Using aluminum which is fun and frustrating to work with. Hope to start wiring this weekend.

Nice overhead. How did you get the panels attached to frame?
Small screws. Not the dzus kind. The frame is a bunch of aluminum angle pieces and a few flats. It is nice and light but a bit too flexible. Working on studying it up now. Will all be wired to a fds interface card.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Goodenough

I have found this to be the case with thin metal as well. It requires another thicker metal frame or wood to prevent sagging . Your project looks great.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate