Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 07:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
37 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 728
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

usafgadget's cross platform project

Started by usafgadget, January 08, 2011, 09:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usafgadget

It was time I started a thread on my project, I could always use the advice and input of the members here.

I enjoy going low and slow and much as flying the big jets so I've decided to build a cross platform cockpit.  My current heavy is Level D's 767.  My setup will obviously lean towards the bigger jet simply because it has more switches, knobs and gauges then the average smaller aircraft.  I will simply re-use those switches that have some commonality with multiple airframes.

I started with a simple pedestal modeled after GoFlight's because my first advanced hardware came from them.  I recently added their TQ-6 which dramatically increased my realism level.  I then added Leo's BU0836X board so that I could begin customizing which functions I wanted to replicate.  I have no intention of modeling everything in the 76- nor any other aircraft.  My hope is get to a point where I won't need the mouse or keyboard.

Here is a shot of my pedestal. 

I will provide a higher quality shots later.  The steel plate is where I'm adding components as I learn the ins and outs of cockpit building and modeling.  I already have a single red momentary for the master caution and warning and four smaller momentary push buttons to work the EHSI modes of navaids, airports, route data and waypoints.

I'm only building the captain's/pilots side of the cockpit although I will span 3 24" monitors across to give me a realistic visual.  I really want to go with 3 projectors but I simply do not have the width to give me 180+ degrees.  One projector, in my opinion isn't a step up from 3 widescreen monitors.  I also hope to make the whole setup modular so I can break it down and move it if the need arises or I can get it somewhere with more room.

I'll be adding to this post as things progress.

Chris
You can accelerate out of any problem.

usafgadget

I've added some buttons to the panel on my pedestal.

The red square one in the upper left is the Master Warning/Caution Reset

The four black push buttons are EHSI modes (navaids, airports, waypoints and route).

I put the other two in just to test a modified installation process.  Haven't decided what they will control yet.

Chris

usafgadget

Just a quick update.  I built the floor of my sim last night.  It's 7x7.  I'll put casters on it tonight and start framing up the supports for the main panel and displays.  Hopefully by the end of this long weekend I'll have the machine and pedestal moved over so I can get right back to flying while adding parts.

Chris

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate