Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 08:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
34 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 728
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

EFIS / MCP on its way

Started by jskibo, April 07, 2011, 04:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

Just got a note from CPFlight that my MCP and EFIS's are on the way and should be here Monday..... Of course I have to head to STL Tuesday for a meeting with Boeing, so no fun until next weekend.

That should wrap up the MIP and front office with the exception of the Inhibit switch wiring.  So I have MIP complete and Rev Sim TQ as well as a custom made pedestal and most of the radios (Thank you Mike).

So I still need a Yoke (guess I can fly my Saitek for a bit if I must), Rudder pedals (this is slightly more urgent as the Saitek stuck in hard right last I used them) the overhead and shell.

What to buy next???????
Less than 4 years to retirement......

ipg1939

Couple of these babies perhaps??

Yorik
27 Builder

jskibo

Yes, I'll have to make a trip to the boneyards and grab a pair of those once the house and three garages look a bit different than this:

Cramped into a two bed apartment with the wife and 4 kids while we build.....Oh joy!  :)

ipg1939

Yea, I think your right. The house still needs some paint!
Yorik
27 Builder

jskibo

Not a great picture.

Only had time to mount it to the plate and brackets from FDS last night.  To fire it up I need to drag the FSX PC closer.

jetpilot

Great work . Looking forward to see it firing up. Did you find any problem mounting your CP parts?

jskibo

No, the plate and brackets FDS provided me for the CP gear worked great.  Four bolts and it was ready to mount in the glare.  Top notch stuff.

Biggest thing I ran across was having to cut some foam as the CPFlight stuff is maybe a quarter inch shorter than the gap, so to prevent light from coming through I used some black door foam.

jskibo

jackpilot

Yep, dim backlighting, when all  is quiet at the back, they all snooze, cockpit door unlock and you get that sexy Flight attendant smile, and a late tray with First Class strawberry sherbet, just a tad of turbulence, waiting for the horizon to show a thin band of light blue turning pink and Shannon Control to chime in...ahh!  ::)

Jack

jskibo

Just got my Sim Avionics key.....

....but of course I happen to be on the road in St. Louis so I can't fly it until the weekend.....grrrr, the wait!

I'm here at Boeing for the Delivery Ceremony for the 500th F/A-18 Super Hornet.  Pretty cool as I started my career at Boeing writing maintenance task analysis on the Super Hornet Strucures back when the bird was in EMD and LRIP.  I even got the "honor" of writing the first Air Frame Change (AFC) on it when I worked retrofit Engineering.  16 years later I'm now a supplier and get to see number 500 roll off.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate