Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 06:16:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
57 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TV Screens and TV sound

Started by jackpilot, October 06, 2011, 04:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

I was "in town" checking out a "Computer Land"

1) Saw a huge flat screen TV with basically no frame ,about ½"thick. Expensive (2K) but tech is coming, HD and ...Synthetic 3D !!!!
Not in rush to build a visual when you see that kinda tech...!
Comments??

2) Was "blasted" by some Home "Cinema" sound system
Speakers ae the size of a match box , woofer barely bigger, and the sound is nothing short of overwelming.

So , my question.
Has any one used such a surround system instead of stupid computer  tiny sound system?
The best  is that these blasters sell for peanuts.
Jack

Jack

Tom_G_2010

Jack,

I haven't made the purchases yet, but full soround sound is what I have planned for my pit.  I have some background in audio engineering and have found the sound capabilities of pc audio systems to be lacking on the best of them.  I'll likely be using a mix of speaker types to accommodate the less han conventional accoustic environment created by the pit shape.  And, some small commercial grade amps to drive the subs and shakers, but the main amp and dolby encoder will be off the shelf consumer gear.  There's some really good gear on the maeket these days.

Then, of course, there are the needed enhancements to FSX's sound that are needed to get sounds worth pumping into a higher end sound system...
PC: Intel Core i5 @ 2.8GHz, 6Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, ATI Radeon HD5450
SIM:FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASE sp3, Megascenery Earth & X

mikeh

Yep
I 're-used' my redundant system when I re-did the living room decoration and wifwe was looking to remove speakers from walls
thus I gained a new system for the living room (it is more compromised than before but the room does look better)
I also gained, and installed my denon pro logic system, 5 mission speakers and a REL quake subwoofer which i hooked up to the 5 channel + sound card.
Results are fantastic - but I'm not allowed to fly with the sound on at 0630 in the morning for some reason but a small penalty to pay
since have spent a small amount of time reducing the volume but improving the balance of the system
really changes the immersion value
I also recently took my caravan LG backlit LED HD TV and used it for my 'out of the window' view. I found the best response was at 1680 x 1050  on a Nvidea 9800GT card using the hdmi output. -  plus digital output feeding the captains instruments (atr72) Think i will probably change my plans for the MIP screens to all be same monitor. - just need to find a good card with multi hdmi outputs - Mike
ATR72 build project

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate