Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 06:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
117 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX "Scenery Priority"...

Started by sagrada737, September 06, 2013, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

HI Folks.

I think I have a nice suite of scenery at this point for my SIM Project.  Thanks again Scott for the tips...   

At this point, I am using FTX Global, GEX, UTX, REX( weather), GSX (ground services), MegaSceneryX, and so-called photo-real Airport scenery for KSAN, KLAS, KLAX, and KSFO.   Everything seems to be working well together.   

I have wanted to keep my scenery setup fairly simple so as not to induce too many conflicts into the single FSX computer system.  So far so good, in that the views outside the cockpit look fairly realistic, and the Frame Rates are staying high enough to keep things smooth (50 - 85 in the air).  Thing on the ground are much slower - especially in a turn, where it exhibits some jogging - but not too objectionable, because when the aircraft straightens out in a taxi, the scenery is smooth again.

Anyway, my question is:  I notice within the FSX main menus, that Scenery can be set for "Priorities", with one package having a higher priority over another.  What is the impact and/or value of these settings.  Is there any special order you have found to produce better scenery quality/performance?

Regards,
Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Nat Crea

Mike...dont start tinkering with priorities! :)

They have nothing to do with performance.
More for "layering", some of your addon airports need to be above other scenery
to display correctly. If everything is working, honestly don't touch the priority layers.
You would only manually change these if the scenery manufacture specifically requires
their scenery to be above another, in most cases the installer will do the job for you.

If you need more performance, you need a much faster CPU, or consider wideview,
theres only so much you can get out of one PC.

Nat

sagrada737

HI Nat,

Thanks for the advice...   I have in fact changed the Priorities around a bit, but I didn't really notice any change or improvements.  Perhaps the bomb hasn't hit the deck yet ???  Perhaps I should put them back exactly the way they were?

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate