Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 04:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
134 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Chart lights

Started by tennyson, August 16, 2014, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Hi Guys.
I've just installed my interior liners and I'm wanting to hook up the map and chart lighting panels on both sides of the cockpit.

I have nicely renovated (with 12 volt bulb replacements) map lights, but I can't find any info on chart lights.
I know that they shine on the chart holders on either side, but can't even find a pic of what they look like or where I could buy some or even their location on the roof.

Can anybody shed any light on the subject (pun intended)?

Frank Cooper

StarRaider

tennyson

Sorry, 737 NG,

Frank Cooper

Karl737

Karl737

Here you go Frank.

The chart light is interesting in that it sheds a rectangle light pattern. By rotating the front of the light, you rotate the orientation of the "rectangle", thus allowing charts both sitting vertically and horizontally to be illuminated correctly. Unlike the map light, the angle of throw of the light is not designed to be readily adjusted by the crew.

Hope this helps  :)

Karl

tennyson

So grateful, Karl.

Thank you so much, mate.
That was exactly what I was hoping for.

Hope all is well with you and the family, mate.

Thanx again,

Here's a pic of the liners installed in my sim. Look familiar?

Frank Cooper

Aerosim Solutions

Hey Frank, I just ordered two of these to use in my sim, I reckon they will do the job pretty well and only US$14.00 each

http://www.boeingstore.com/Aero-Flashlight-Multi-Angle-Metal-Stand/dp/B00A0XSDUQ?class=quickView&field_availability=-1&field_browse=2362789011&field_keywords=flashlight*&id=Aero+Flashlight+Multi-Angle+Metal+Stand&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchKeywords=flashlight*&searchNodeID=2362789011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Karl737

Hi Frank,

We're all good mate. Hope you're all well up your end too buddy.

Those liners certainly do look familiar! 8) I always meant to get around to fitting DV window handles to them and never did, nice addition, as are the Grimes lights.

Hi Gwyn,

Looks like a good solution to me, and a good price too.

Karl

tennyson

Thanx Gwyn and Karl.

I'm looking at another solution, tho, as I have the FDS dimmer fitted to the dimmer panel, so I'll be running 12 volts to some sort of light up there.

The light wasn't the problem, but the position and seeing it in real life, was.

Now, thanx to Karl, I can find a 12 volt light to fit in that spot.

Thanx again, gents, much appreciated.

Frank Cooper

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Frank, I'll be doing the same and converting the torches I bought to 12v, it's only a matter of replacing the LEDs which I have already done on the OH map lights.
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate